• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DirecTV Providence area

To replace the CW 28(which moved to WNAC 64.2) they imported WDCW 50 from Washington DC. Why DirecTV didn't bother to import the CW station either from Hartford or nearby Boston?

To replace the CW 28(which moved to WNAC 64.2) they imported WDCW 50 from Washington DC. Why DirecTV didn't bother to import the CW station either from Hartford or nearby Boston?
It may be temporary, until their uplink site in RI is modified for the channel change. WDCW is used as a national feed for markets that don't have a CW station. The uplink sites are not staffed, and a tech would have to visit it to make changes. I don't think they can substitute an out-of-market signal for a local one permanently.

What about Dish subscribers? Are they getting 64.2, or WPIX, or WLVI? WPIX used to be on their superstation package before they discontinued it in September 2013.
Here, when we lost KCWK 9 Walla Walla to their bankruptcy, Dish uplinked KTLA Los Angeles until they could uplink KIMA-DT2 (the new CW9). However I remember seeing KRCW Portland once as well in that 2008-09 interim, visiting family.

What about Dish subscribers? Are they getting 64.2, or WPIX, or WLVI? WPIX used to be on their superstation package before they discontinued it in September 2013.
Here, when we lost KCWK 9 Walla Walla to their bankruptcy, Dish uplinked KTLA Los Angeles until they could uplink KIMA-DT2 (the new CW9). However I remember seeing KRCW Portland once as well in that 2008-09 interim, visiting family.

Not sure about Dish. I do know that in the Traverse City-Cadillac market, where the cable-only CW affiliate is owned by Charter, DirecTV imports WCWF from Green Bay (a sister station to TC-C's ABC and NBC affiliates) while Dish doesn't have CW at all AFAIK.

XETV was used as a CW channel in areas on the west coast that didn't have a local CW channel until KTLA replaced them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom