• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Directv customers losing MeTV July 15

KADZ Channel 55 Lake Dallas, is moving MeTV from primary 55.1 to subchannel 55.2, and putting Charter/Spectrum cable news on the primary 55.1 channel. Since Directv will only carry the primary channel, their Dallas-Fort Worth customers will no longer get MeTV. Dish Network carries a national feed of MeTV

i'm sure it's all providers that carried MeTV via KAZD that's losing MeTV, just buy a TV Antenna and make sure you get the right one for where you live in terms of distance from the towers out in Cedar Hill.

it sucks to lose that channel, but for me, this is a huge deal and it allows more homes to get Spectrum News 1 in the DFW area as it was exclusive to Spectrum Cable.

What’s METV? Lol just kidding, people actually watch that channel??? I don’t think I have ever watched anything on that channel here in Houston Tx.

What’s METV? Lol just kidding, people actually watch that channel??? I don’t think I have ever watched anything on that channel here in Houston Tx.
My dad watched Columbo on that channel regularly until his death at age 98 a couple of years ago. I'd imagine MeTV does very well in that demo.

Is there a reason why the management of CH. 55 decided to switch to Spectrum News?

Is there a reason why the management of CH. 55 decided to switch to Spectrum News?

Its an experiment to find out if something like this could work in an era where customers continue to cut the cord on cable, therefore making these 24/7 news channels less susceptible to find an audience.

Its an experiment to find out if something like this could work in an era where customers continue to cut the cord on cable, therefore making these 24/7 news channels less susceptible to find an audience.
So putting a local cable news outlet on a OTA signal will hopefully get traction in the local news market. Even though it seams streaming is the bees knees these days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom