• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dick Chapman and Paul Jay?

I recently picked up a copy of Dick Chapman's "When 'CCO Was Cookin'" book and have been immersing myself in finding out more about the history of WCCO-AM via that book and the RadioTapes and Twin Cities Radio Airchecks sites. Being a radio geek living in the Detroit area, I have obviously been aware of WCCO's presence since I was a kid, but I now have a better sense of what this station meant to so many in the Upper Midwest... the obvious Detroit equivalent would be WJR.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on what Dick Chapman is up to these days, whether he is still alive? I've developed a real admiration for Dick listening to the old airchecks and reading his book.

The other WCCO personality from the '60s that I haven't been able to find much information on is Paul Jay. I do know he was at KDWB prior to joining WCCO and then left 'CCO to become afternoon host and program director at KSTP. Apparently he left the Twin Cities a few years later to manage a station in Moline, IL. Anyone know if Paul is still alive?

Answers would be appreciated...

Thanks

Paul Jay was at KFGO Fargo prior to coming in WCCO AM. That was back in my teenage days around 1956 when Charlie Boone was PD at KFGO. And Bobby Dale was also a DJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom