• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Detroit - Too Much Country?

The website for CISX has iHeart in the URL, so that sounds like it's sitting on the iHeart platform and maybe their server.

And as I said, they run Bobby Bones.

Bell Media is Triton Digital for streaming. Or they were within the last year.

All of their websites are within the iHeartradio.ca domain name. If it's a national brand like Pure Country, they have a general page linking to all of them Pure Country

In The U.S., if you go to iheartradio.ca, you'll see a similar iHeart website to the U.S. one, but if you try to go to listen to one of them, it will not work. They also have a general iHeart link, it will not work in the U.S. Pure Country 89 | iHeart

To listen in the U.S, you have to go to the website. For example, Virgin Radio Windsor or AM 580 Most of Bell Media's stations are Geoblocked outside of Canada.

iHeart licenses the brand and platform. They also allow their U.S. stations to stream on that platform within Canada. Bell Media does not let iHeart stream their stations within the U.S. however on their platform, and in general anywhere outside of Canada.

iHeart also licenses the brand and platform as well as the KIIS brand in Australia. Australian Radio Network operates it there.

Last edited:
What makes you think corporate still programs local stations?

I didn't say corporate programmed those stations.

That said, corporate perhaps should be offering more resources to help improve these stations. Maybe another PD change in Detroit is in order.

I certainly would not describe WYCD as "poorly programmed." Have there been stretches that something to be desired? Sure.

WDRQ is a different story. Why is the local morning show barely promoted in the other dayparts? Why did they hire an afternoon jock who sounds like a Radio Disney DJ? Why is the national evening show from Westwood One so sleepy sounding? I dislike the CHR-like manner in which the playlist is constructed, too. I'll also add that RDS has simply read "93.1 WDRQ" for at least the past four weeks at all times. (The station is known as New Country 93-1, so it's anyone's guess as to why the RDS readout is "93.1 WDRQ.")

RadioInsight is stating rumor has it that “Cumulus is on the verge of selling WDRQ… to a national Christian broadcaster as part of a multi-market deal.”
The article also references Country Aircheck in stating that the Cumulus Detroit Director of FM programming “Is out.”

From RadioInsight

Back
Top Bottom