• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Denver despritally needs a Local CHR-POP

C

Creed613

Denver despritally needs a Local CHR-POP. Not Magic 98.9 or Kiss 96.1 A local CHR-POP.

We just lost our CHR POP sowhy would someone else try this in the near future??<P ID="signature">______________
"Every thought I repent, there's another chip you haven't spent, and you're cashing them all in."

http://www.MadAltRadio.com - The World's First and Only Mad Alternative</P>

> Denver despritally needs a Local CHR-POP. Not Magic 98.9 or
> Kiss 96.1 A local CHR-POP.
>

Despritally??!!

> > Denver despritally needs a Local CHR-POP. Not Magic 98.9
> or
> > Kiss 96.1 A local CHR-POP.

> >
>
>
> Despritally??!!
>

Maybe Creed desperately needs to use spell check next time.

J/K

> local CHR-POP.

What would this sound like these days? "Pop" (as in popular) music has been both fragmented and ghettoized. Nelly goes to the Urban/R&B stations, Green Day to the alt-rocks, and Clay Aiken to the ACs. Is there a market for a CHR-Pop station anymore?

DK

I'll do my best to ignore the fact you mentioned Clay Aiken. Please, someone who has made a career out of their music and not being on "B" talk-shows and VH1 features. Other than that, I agree, Don.

> > local CHR-POP.
>
> What would this sound like these days? "Pop" (as in
> popular) music has been both fragmented and ghettoized.
> Nelly goes to the Urban/R&B stations, Green Day to the
> alt-rocks, and Clay Aiken to the ACs. Is there a market for
> a CHR-Pop station anymore?
>
> DK
>

The only station to go CHR in Denver is Infinity's rhythmic oldies KDJM. KS does well in the ratings, and is one of the top-rated stations. I wonder why Denver's missin' an urban AC? I wish KS could go to a full urban (if Denver were to get a CHR-pop) and boycott all the CHR-rhythmic artists (Frankie J, Black Eyed Peas, Baby Bash, Natalie, and other white urban artists, except for Eminem). KDJM is awful in the ratings. Believe me, if KQMT slips big time, they might become urban AC for Denver.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by PassDutch on 06/18/05 06:10 AM.</FONT></P>

> I'll do my best to ignore the fact you mentioned Clay Aiken.
> Please, someone who has made a career out of their music and
> not being on "B" talk-shows and VH1 features. Other than
> that, I agree, Don.

I picked Clay not because I like him (I don't), but because he's one artist who I think only gets played on AC stations. Just the first one to come to mind.

DK

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom