• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Delilah joins 94.1 The Sound middays

I'm only 24, and I don't mind the station. That being said, I'm already getting tired of it as my parents, who are in there mid 50s, love it. I think it's something I might listen to at work, but not all the time.

Exactly...it's why currents-based radio stations cycle through songs so quickly. A pop hit lasts 14 weeks, then NEXT!

I don't know that that is as true as it used to be. I checked this week's top ten songs and several have been there much longer than 14 weeks, with some still climbing the chart after over 20 weeks. I know you're talking about momentum and it takes awhile to get there but still...

I don't know that that is as true as it used to be. I checked this week's top ten songs and several have been there much longer than 14 weeks, with some still climbing the chart after over 20 weeks. I know you're talking about momentum and it takes awhile to get there but still...

Shortly after 10am last Monday there was massive water damage in an office building in downtown Seattle. It wasn't a pipe break, but the collective tears of employees in an office on the 20th floor after they heard Delilah's voice and some love songs cascading down the stairwells and elevator shafts (there was something about playing Delilah at work being an occupational safety hazard because of this, according to OSHA. But I hear it was one of those regulations Trump wrote off recently.) One soaking wet survivor said "I don't know what happened, the boss had the radio on that new easy listening stuff KMPS is now playing and then everybody heard Delilah and lost it".

Seattle Emergency Management warns local businesses to keep scuba gear, emergency rafts and life jackets if playing Delilah during work days and that insurance may not cover all damages.

They also warn that saying "Relaxing favorites at work" three times into a mirror in a darkened room does not summon Delilah, but John Fisher.

Shortly after 10am last Monday there was massive water damage in an office building in downtown Seattle. It wasn't a pipe break, but the collective tears of employees in an office on the 20th floor after they heard Delilah's voice and some love songs cascading down the stairwells and elevator shafts (there was something about playing Delilah at work being an occupational safety hazard because of this, according to OSHA. But I hear it was one of those regulations Trump wrote off recently.) One soaking wet survivor said "I don't know what happened, the boss had the radio on that new easy listening stuff KMPS is now playing and then everybody heard Delilah and lost it".

Seattle Emergency Management warns local businesses to keep scuba gear, emergency rafts and life jackets if playing Delilah during work days and that insurance may not cover all damages.

They also warn that saying "Relaxing favorites at work" three times into a mirror in a darkened room does not summon Delilah, but John Fisher.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant, Larry. And hilarious.

This has to be the best post I have seen in sometime. Well played!

Whether it's John Fisher or Delilah, they seem to be having transition issues from music to live studio audio. I was listening on Monday about noon, and the song just kind of faded away and Delilah appeared. It hasn't been quite so obvious since, but I was listene=ing this morning and the song seemed to fade a little prematurely.

Whether it's John Fisher or Delilah, they seem to be having transition issues from music to live studio audio. I was listening on Monday about noon, and the song just kind of faded away and Delilah appeared. It hasn't been quite so obvious since, but I was listene=ing this morning and the song seemed to fade a little prematurely.

Was back in the hometown the past couple of days. Made a point of checking out 94.1. The music is definitely on the "softer" side of AC/Classic Hits, a product that really is not offered in the market beyond them at this point. Did hear some Delilah "drops", they seemed to be local, but unless I missed it, she never mentioned the positioner/dial position. Not sure how they are piecemealing this together.

With modern automation it's not that hard. They're just all sound files.

I certainly understand sound files. What I am more curious about is why she is not mentioning the calls/positioner. There is no question it is not live. Her sound files could be easily be identified by calls/positioner, but what I heard did not include that. Perhaps I didn't listen enough, but Loggins and Messina only goes so far for this listener.

I can't really tell, though I have heard her identify the station. The midday show on KSWD sounds almost like a Soft AC version of what I'd like to hear on CHR in 2018. About 11 this morning, she was talking with a caller who thought Delilah had bought 94.1.

Not sure how they are piecemealing this together.

Likely similar to how iHeart does Seacrest. Bits are prerecorded (he's not even in the studio most days, and when there, not for whole show) and given identifiers on a digital storage system. The station's clocks call on specific cut numbers in particular places in the hour, and that piece of audio is played. Station inserts the bits in between its own music playlist, imaging, stopsets, etc.

Likely similar to how iHeart does Seacrest. Bits are prerecorded (he's not even in the studio most days, and when there, not for whole show) and given identifiers on a digital storage system. The station's clocks call on specific cut numbers in particular places in the hour, and that piece of audio is played. Station inserts the bits in between its own music playlist, imaging, stopsets, etc.

Yeah, Seacrest is in my current market. I hear his bits and they are totally smoothly integrated on KUJ 99.1. What I heard on 94.1 The Sound was something quite a bit less. Perhaps they are still on a learning curve?

Yeah, Seacrest is in my current market. I hear his bits and they are totally smoothly integrated on KUJ 99.1. What I heard on 94.1 The Sound was something quite a bit less. Perhaps they are still on a learning curve?

You wouldn't think so as there's so many other stations who have integrated her show into local programming. It really isn't that hard to add the local calls and make it sound seamless. Maybe they just don't have the right people setting up the automation.

You wouldn't think so as there's so many other stations who have integrated her show into local programming. It really isn't that hard to add the local calls and make it sound seamless. Maybe they just don't have the right people setting up the automation.

Do not underestimate the very real dangers of inconsolable sobbing to "I Do (Cherish You)" while setting up high-end electronic and electrical equipment. They're TROOPERS.

OMG, so that's how it works!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom