• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Decades is being removed from the Boston area

There is something there, more or less, but their encoder is not configured yet. It has PSIP data for only 38-1 and 38-2. Putting Decades there would be a logical move.

As of late, CBS has been adding MGM-distributed diginets (Comet, Charge!, Light) to new subchannels on their CW/MyNet/Independent stations. Don’t be surprised if one of those ends up on 38.3.

Duplicate Subchannels is always a disappointment. I already get Comet from WJAR Providence. I used to get MOVIES. That was taken away. Now DECADES is rumored to vanish too. Subchannels are a great thing when they are actually different Networks than you already have. However it really sucks when new additions are channels that you get now anyway. I've been waiting for someone to pick up "Antenna TV" for years. Still can't believe it hasn't happened yet. At least not on any channel I can pick up.

And sometime today, Telemundo in Providence went from 50-1 to 51-1, which I believe is on a subchannel of WPXQ, and its reception is not the best, at least east of Providence. Also WMFP's SONlife channel is now on 62-2 and 62-1 has been eliminated.

Duplicate Subchannels is always a disappointment. I already get Comet from WJAR Providence. I used to get MOVIES. That was taken away. Now DECADES is rumored to vanish too. Subchannels are a great thing when they are actually different Networks than you already have. However it really sucks when new additions are channels that you get now anyway. I've been waiting for someone to pick up "Antenna TV" for years. Still can't believe it hasn't happened yet. At least not on any channel I can pick up.

That's very true. So I wonder if some subchannels like Decades and Antenna TV could show up on WBTS when it moves to the Providence area.

That's very true. So I wonder if some subchannels like Decades and Antenna TV could show up on WBTS when it moves to the Providence area.

In most markets it doesn't matter to most folks what is on the adjacent market stations, since the signals are usually weak or non-existent - but Boston and Providence have so much overlap it's too bad some of the stations don't consider the advantage of not duplicating subchannels in the other market. Providence stations, in particular, would get a much larger audience on any subchannel they had exclusively. However that is probably not even considered by the corporate management.

WBTS would have room for more after the move, but will have limited coverage.

And sometime today, Telemundo in Providence went from 50-1 to 51-1, which I believe is on a subchannel of WPXQ, and its reception is not the best, at least east of Providence. Also WMFP's SONlife channel is now on 62-2 and 62-1 has been eliminated.

WMFP is now sharing on WWDP, and they using the ch 62-1 ID there. The WMFP transmitter is still on - so they renumbered WMFP there to 62-2. That must be to avoid tuner "confusion" from duplicate numbers.

WMFP has gotten more than one FCC extension to stay on the air - the latest because the DirecTV uplink in Somerville cannot receive WWDP over the air, and they are waiting for Verizon to run a fiber link there from the WMFP transmitter or studio site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom