• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Debbie Douglas on KVET in Austin doing traffic

Is this the same Debbie Douglas that we have here? It sounded like her. Is CC using our traffic people up here to do traffic in other places or did she transfer down to Austin?

Very possible. I know a few friends of mine who did work for KOCO (ABC in OKC) from a studio in the Las Colinas area of Irving so it's probably her

It could be either. Clear Channel pooled its traffic reporters a few years ago. However, I don't believe all traffic reporters for your region are in the same place. In other words, it's likely the same Debbie, but just because Clear Channel does some traffic out of Houston doesn't mean she's there, too. She may be doing Houston, Austin and San Antonio traffic from Dallas, or pretty much anywhere.

I was wondering this too - but for reverse reasons!

While listening to KRLD, I heard her (accidentally) come on while the anchor was reading a news story. She was rambling off a street or section of town I had never heard of, so it must have been for Austin or some other city.

If she's doing traffic every 10 minutes for KRLD AND for other station(s), she is one busy talker. When does she get a break?!

Yeah I was kind of surprised to hear Debbie Douglas doing traffic on another station like that. I thought the KRLD gig was enough to keep a person quite busy. I could see her doing traffic in the same market for another station since she already has what she needs, but another market seems overwhelming unless she's reading a script that someone else put together. Rush hour can get busy around here keeping her busy watching traffic cameras and the other things the traffic folks do to get information.

I went on a trip from my place in Cincinnati to Nashville. Along the way, the regular traffic guy from 700 WLW was also doing traffic for 840 WHAS Louisville. I'm also aware that in the Cincinnati market, some of the traffic reports come out of Detroit. All involve CC stations. So, this is not unusual.

But Debbie Douglas works for KRLD which is CBS. Or perhaps CBX uses CC traffic people or the same company CC uses. I imagine someone here on the board will know where she's from and the setup.

actually Debbie's so popular that she's doing KRLD traffic from Dallas and then flies to Austin to do their traffic the other half of the day. ;D

(and they let her do the "your cushions can be used as float devices" talk on the flight to and from!) :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom