• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dean Goodman acquires NextMedia

As with any Radio station sale, Usually Sales is the first to go and then the On-air talent. All that would be left are the Part Timers and Board Ops. Hopefully history won't repeat itself and people end up without a job by 2014 when the FCC approves the sale. :-/

If your buying good stations making money, the sales department stays, probable a few additional faces, but you keep what you can get (but many times after some period the 'big dogs' from the previous owner don't like the way they are treated with the new owner and leave,,but that's really up to the new owner. Dean has a good reputation, he isn't some massive group that will come in and strip the stations to the bone

The first-to-go is always middle management when ownership changes. If middle management doesn't go, the rest of the staff is usually okay, or at least gets a chance.

I live within the signal contours of several GoodRadio.TV stations. People here either love Goodman or hate him. People who love him feel that way because the some of the stations he acquired here from Shepherd were full-service country stations, and they've remained that way. The people who hate him feel that way because he's gutted every other station in those clusters.

I hope it stays the same

I was K-LAKE (KLAK) youngest broadcaster at the time (10 years old) and they introduced me to radio and to guest dj with them made commercials for them and did remotes with them and their sister stations KATY Country and MadRock and I owe those guys my career David Smith (GM,), Jason Fuzzy Smith, Chance Cody, Herbert Wharton, John Purser, Bill Harrison, Rich Hancock, Melissa Murphy, Leila Scantlin, Joe Martin, Laura Liles, now at 18 I own a internet radio station and am in the process of building my new LPFM radio station in Sherman (KQIM-LP) B101

so they were the best and their number 1 in grayson county right now by Arbitron so I would hate to see the stations go to the crapper so.

but

im sure and absolutely sure theyre not going to touch the formats all 3 formats are very decently successful here in Sherman Denison and all of texoma If its not broken don't fix it so... well see what happens...

Heh, maybe 97.5 will pick up classic hits if KLUV drops it. I hope KMAD stays the same, maybe move it to 97.5!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom