• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dead Carrier on 1140

Pat2

Inactive
Inactive User
I've been picking up a strong dead air signal in Mississippi the last several nights. Strong signal little fading. There aren't any stations in my area on this frequency. Any ideas where this is coming from? It prob a daytimer forgetting to turn off the transmitter.

WSAO 1140 Senatobia 5KW ND Day only...... (Northwest part of the state). Wouldnt be surprised if it's them, theyve been fined before.

> WSAO 1140 Senatobia 5KW ND Day only...... (Northwest part of
> the state). Wouldnt be surprised if it's them, theyve been
> fined before.
>
Could be. Here in Jackson at times it comes in like a local except no audio of course. I'll try to tune in in the late afternoon and see if I can hear them "sign off" and get an I'D

Any chance you can aircheck an hour of them for me including any
"sign off"?

Leave me your email address so I can contact you...

> Any chance you can aircheck an hour of them for me including
> any
> "sign off"?
>
> Leave me your email address so I can contact you...
>

I could record an hour of them around "signoff". I'm in Memphis, gimmie a shout at pmglass (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom