• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dead Air on Bob

Last night, between 6-7 there was silence on 92.1. No mention of it on 103.9. I would have called Keith Brooks but I had no phone. Anyone know what was up? How long it was off?

-Timmy<P ID="signature">______________
Perfection is overrated...</P>

> Last night, between 6-7 there was silence on 92.1. No
> mention of it on 103.9. I would have called Keith Brooks but
> I had no phone. Anyone know what was up? How long it was
> off?
>
> -Timmy
>

Maybe the ratings will go down on Bob and they'll put Flash's format on 92.1 instead after they give up 103.9.. I hope. (wishful thinking I guess)<P ID="signature">______________
--- THE Insultant ---</P>

> > Last night, between 6-7 there was silence on 92.1. No
> > mention of it on 103.9. I would have called Keith Brooks
> but
> > I had no phone. Anyone know what was up? How long it was
> > off?
> >
> > -Timmy
> >
>
> Maybe the ratings will go down on Bob and they'll put
> Flash's format on 92.1 instead after they give up 103.9.. I
> hope. (wishful thinking I guess)

Bob will continue on 92.1, 'cuz '80s is so niche. '80s is dead. Leave Bob alone.

> > Maybe the ratings will go down on Bob and they'll put
> > Flash's format on 92.1 instead after they give up 103.9..
> I
> > hope. (wishful thinking I guess)
>
> Bob will continue on 92.1, 'cuz '80s is so niche. '80s is
> dead. Leave Bob alone.

Explain why First has registered flash921.com, then.

As to why the ratings for 80s on KXCL have declined after a promising first book, it's the same problem the Jack/Bob/whoever formats face. Initially, you get a boost from the "oh wow" factor and once that wears off, so does the incentive to listen.

The way to make such formats work is to have a deep library of lesser (but still valid) songs and drop them in as accents that don't repeat more often than 10 days to two weeks. Taking 300 songs and repeating them to death dooms you from the beginning.

Jack/Bob/whoever formats are as much a niche as 80s, and are subject to the same potential loss of listeners over time.

<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom