• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dave Ramsey Moving to ???? in Nashville?

Is Dave Ramsey Moving stations again in Nashville? A solid (Chris) Rumor is that he is set to leave 102.5 the Game? If he goes, where? and What fills in on 102.5 the Game?
Does Plaster move back to 3? I assume. Please tell me they don't give Bill (mr. high voice) the other two hours.

If this RUMOR is true, could it be because of the signal limitations of 102.5 The Game east and Southeast of Nashville and that he is not pulling in the numbers on this signal that he was getting on 99.7 WTN? What station would he go to in Nashville? From what I understand, he did not leave 99.7 on good terms and the only other news/talk station in the area is 1510 WLAC. Would they drop the last hour of Rush Limbaugh and the first 2 hours of Sean Hannety to carry Dave Ramsey? Or would Dave Ramsey be tape delayed for the next morning? As far as his replacement on the Game, could Comwell move "The Paul Finebaum Show" from 94.9 The Game 2 to 102.5?

Dave didn't leave WTN by choice. Typical Crums-effect happened. He certainly wasn't happy about it, but the contract was up and there was no renewal offered. "They wanted to go n a different direction." The numbers at 102.5 are surprisingly low for Dave's show. It makes no sense. There was certainly a fortune spent on billboards, but I think some or most of that came from Dave vs. Cromwell. I could be wrong in that detail. Heard the story way back when, but I can't recall exactly. The signal has issues, but man....not that bad. Not sure where else he could go!

I have yet to see a discussion of 102.5 when their signal limitations weren't mentioned. I thought that the 97.5 translator was there to take care of that. In fairness, I don't live on that side of town (and deleted 102.5 from my presets when they deleted music from their programming!), so I cannot comment on their signal issues over there.

With the increasing consolidation of station ownership, it is becoming increasingly important for anyone who (still) wants to be on radio NOT to burn their bridges. First Plaster, now Ramsey.

Fire - Dave Ramsey didn't burn his bridge on this situation. Crums simply wanted to go in another direction for the time slot and WTN vs. National programming. Like maybe Savage would be on afternoons eventually, etc. They didn't give him any options. I would guess WLAC would be the logical choice that is left. Unless someone grabs 106.7 since Crums needs to throw that away yesterday....per the FCC.

Fire - Dave Ramsey didn't burn his bridge on this situation. Crums simply wanted to go in another direction for the time slot and WTN vs. National programming. Like maybe Savage would be on afternoons eventually, etc. They didn't give him any options. I would guess WLAC would be the logical choice that is left. Unless someone grabs 106.7 since Crums needs to throw that away yesterday....per the FCC.
Is this what happened to him with "Crumbswell" (love these corrupted company names!) as well? Like you, and the others, I have not heard anything.

How is 106.7 doing? They are another one that I long ago grew tired of because of their constant format changes.

Hehe. My mistake, Firepoint, for being a little unclear. The Crums I am referring to is Crumuloss. I haven't mentioned Cromwell enough over the years to give them a moniker. Hmmm! I can't speak for what was the truth Bud and Dave splitting, but my guess is Dave's local revenues were way down along with the ratings and there was a one year contract with minimum revenue and ratings performance levels that did not materialize. I wonder when Dave started working on the move to WLAC? January 3?

I have yet to see a discussion of 102.5 when their signal limitations weren't mentioned. I thought that the 97.5 translator was there to take care of that. In fairness, I don't live on that side of town.

With the increasing consolidation of station ownership, it is becoming increasingly important for anyone who (still) wants to be on radio NOT to burn their bridges. First Plaster, now Ramsey.

I live in Northern Rutherford County and the Game's signal at 97.5 is hit and miss unless you are in Murfreesboro. In both Smyrna and LaVergne, the Game's signals at both 102.5 and 97.5 are hit and miss, at best. You maybe driving down Sam Ridley Parkway and pick up 102.5 just fine when you get off I-24 but completely lose the signal by the time you get to StoneCrest Medical Center, less than a 1/4 mile from I-24. And there is a sign at Waldren Road for 97.5 the Game, yet the signal is almost non-existent there. The signal at 97.5 is very limited. My sister-in-law lives in Lynchburg and CANNOT get either signal at her house. So, YES, there is a signal problem with 102.5 & 97.5 east and southest of Nashville.

Last edited:
In fact, 94.9 The Game2 and 95.9 WNSR-FM have a STRONGER SIGNAL in Rutherford County than either one of the Game's signal do. Another signal that the residents of Rutherford County have a hard time recieving is 94.5, "The All-New Hippie Radio", due to interference from the Country Giant 94.7 out of Cookeville, yet that signal doesn't seem to bother 94.9 The Game2.

The Game's Signal

For those of us without knowledge on this stuff, are there any viable options for 102.5 to improve their signal to a city-wide deal? Is there anything likely to happen to improve it or is this just the way it's going to be?

102.5's tower is somewhere around Charlotte (the town, not the road) or Pleasant View from what I understand. Their COL is, or at least was, Pegram, where I live, so I don't have any problem with receiving them.

Hippie's tower is on McCrory Lane, so I don't have any problem receiving them, either.

Based on where those two are located, it doesn't surprise me that neither come in very well in Rutherford County.

The January 3rd comment was hilarious, Tibbs!

If it weren't for him going to WLAC, I would suggest that maybe Ramsey consider retirement. Not because I have anything against him (I don't), but since he cut up his credit cards, he should be able to retire, if he wanted to!

Edited to add:

I am glad to learn that the split between Dave and Bud was amicable. Never understood why they had him on a "sports" station.

Agreed that Hippie should definitely DROP the "all-new" moniker. That just sounds stupid to STILL be saying "all-new" after nearly two years!

Last edited:
According to www.wlac.com, the Dave Ramsey show will make it's debut on 1510 AM on January 2, 2014 and will air daily from 5PM-8PM CT. Later on in the release, they refered to it as a live radio show. Since this will be the flagship station for the Dave Ramsey Show, does this mean he will now be doing his show live at 5PM or will he still do it live at from 1PM-4PM and WLAC will be airing it on tape delay?

102.5's tower is somewhere around Charlotte (the town, not the road) or Pleasant View from what I understand. Their COL is, or at least was, Pegram, where I live, so I don't have any problem with receiving them.

COL is still Pegram.

Closest town to the tower is Cumberland Furnace -- it's about 2-1/2 miles northeast of there off Cunningham Road. About ten miles west of Ashland City. FWIW, 88.3 Way FM is on the same tower.

...does this mean he will now be doing his show live at 5PM or will he still do it live at from 1PM-4PM and WLAC will be airing it on tape delay?
If Ramsey moves his feed to 5PM central looks like it could disrupt the schedules of quite a few affiliates. Of course, I have no idea how many stations take the feed live vs delaying it.

Last edited:
When WNOX-FM (then @ 100.3) was broadcasting his show in Knoxville last year, his show was being aired from 1PM-3PM ET, which would be 12PM-2PM CT. I have heard his show being carried in other markets at night or in the mornings. Most of the stations I've heard him on which could have been live were usually low powered, Daytime only AM stations in small towns. I think alot of the bigger markets that carry his show do it on tape-delay.

Looks like if most of the stations tape delay it would limit the volume of calls that would know when to actually call.

Dave's show is fed 24/7 on his sat channel, so the local station doesn't really have to "Tape"the show,either analog or digital. If they want to run it from midnight til 3 am, all they have to do is put the channel on the air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom