• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DASDEC.ONE-NET CAP Issue. question

Mornin' gents, I have a client with a Monroe One-Net running the older 2.6 OS, with CAP and CAP+. (they don't have the $4K to fork out for a new system). Their EAS/CAP has been running perfectly until about 30 days ago when they stopped getting CAP messages. (the same problem occurred in July, 2020...lasted about 40 days, then resolved itself) EDIT: The unit is a R189se.

They're configured for IPAWSOPEN, 2.0 Get, have the latest CA files loaded (2021), DNS is enabled...they system goes in to "polling" mode, then returns a "not connected". I borrowed a duplicate unit, slapped it on my net, configured it the same and it works fine. Monroe's interface is a bit obtuse to say the least, but it's navigable and nothing is jumping out at me in terms of configuration. It looks good, smells good, pumps EAS messages...but CAP is a no-go (licenses are valid).

Any ideas on why this guy refuses to play nice with FEMA?
Thanks for your input, anyone that can help me out here...I can probably dig up a vintage t-shirt for your trouble, or my wife makes a mean pesto sauce we'd toss in.
Kind thanks for your input (Monroe said "load the latest CA then ignored me)

Last edited:
Dasdec CA

Hi Kelly, thank you, the system has the current certificate and is setup to reject invalid signatures.

If we drop in a change to any setting, it will go to "polling" mode, but then drops to "not connected". I've net seen this with any other Monroe units (as long as the DNS was correct).

If you read the service bulletin carefully, it seems to imply that the OS needs to be at least version 3.x for the CA update to work. 4.26 is the latest version. If I were you I’d do the OS update before looking elsewhere.

If you read the service bulletin carefully, it seems to imply that the OS needs to be at least version 3.x for the CA update to work. 4.26 is the latest version. If I were you I’d do the OS update before looking elsewhere.

Yes, that was done as well, perhaps I should have said "Why was it in fact working on 2.6, and told by Monroe that it would work on 2.6 (contradicting their documentation and my tests)...when apparently it would be best described as "aberrant behavior".

Thanks for your input, I'll work it out from here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom