• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Dance" remix of slower songs?

Is there a point to this? I doubt any younger audience would think "man, The Bones by Maren Morris really slaps!" and would probably prefer to hear the original. Most people who actualky like the sobg "knows" how it goes. Thoughts?

Is there a point to this? I doubt any younger audience would think "man, The Bones by Maren Morris really slaps!" and would probably prefer to hear the original. Most people who actualky like the sobg "knows" how it goes. Thoughts?
Ever listen to Elton John's "Sacrifice" (1989) and/or "Rocketman" (1972)? Ever think of either of those as a viable dance hit? No? Go listen to "Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)". It became Elton John's 33rd top 10 song in 2021, and his first #1 hit in 16 years. There are lots of examples where slower songs were given a dance beat and became popular in clubs.

Haven't heard this, but getting Morris over with CHR audiences might be a wise move. She's outspoken and politically liberal, and has a very public feud going with Jason Aldean's wife Brittany, all of which seems to be hurting her with a significant portion of the country audience -- and evidently at country radio, which absolutely ignored her most recent single, "I Can't Love You Anymore." Pop may be the door most open to her at this point.

Ever listen to Elton John's "Sacrifice" (1989) and/or "Rocketman" (1972)? Ever think of either of those as a viable dance hit? No? Go listen to "Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)". It became Elton John's 33rd top 10 song in 2021, and his first #1 hit in 16 years. There are lots of examples where slower songs were given a dance beat and became popular in clubs.
Cold Heart has different lyrical content than Rocket Man and Dua Lipa. I don't consider the two the same song. I am referring to remixes of the actual original.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom