• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dan Taylor Exits WCBS-FM

NO radio station ANYWHERE is programming for listeners like you. 99 percent of listeners tuned in for long stretches are at work or on the road and aren't concentrating on what's being played. People who get irritated when the same song comes up twice in 5 hours are EXTREME statistical outliers.

Actually three hours is a stretch for CHR and Urban and Hot Country. Listeners deal with it better than everyone that works or wants to work in the industry. As for Classic Hits and Classic Rock, etc., I have not seen songs repeat that often EVER. Where are you hearing that?

Other than the industry publications, and that Race was at their concert on Saturday, has CBS-FM made any formal announcement that Race starts on Monday?

Other than the industry publications, and that Race was at their concert on Saturday, has CBS-FM made any formal announcement that Race starts on Monday?

scott did friday.

I hope the dan taylor fans go easy on him.. they aren't the kindest bunch when their hero goes missing from his slot.

There were several "welcoming" breaks with the all new post-PLJ Race Taylor on Saturday. Broadway Bill Lee did one break welcoming him as if he had always been part of the family. I was a bit surprised that Race was at Saturday In The Park and being thrust into the mix fairly energetically. Not a bad move. I think it's smart to push the button and get momentum from the get go. I have to admit that I wondered if Dan Taylor was listening.

Race was in LA in late March when Bill received his Station Air Talent Of The Year Award at WWRS. (PLJ was nominated for station of the year, but KIIS won. Go figure!) I think this move was not exactly an in-house surprise, but these guys are professionals. Purely subjective guess. Overnight Satellite Dave Stewart did a nice Facebook post welcoming Race and paying tribute to Dan a few days ago. CBS should have a smooth transition tomorrow between Scott and Race and Race and BBL. I think it will be a fairly low key beginning for Race until he get's comfortable in the chair. Should be a nice listen. Shredder - I agree, there will be some interesting comments online tomorrow for at least 30 seconds each.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom