• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dan Diloreto retiring

I had heard rumors that Dan Diloreto (Clear Channel Market Manager) was going to retire at the end of the year...and it was confirmed today. Dan's last day is December 31. Dan had a huge hand in the launch of 98ROCK (with Greg Mull) and later picked up Mix and the other CC properties.

No matter how you feel about Clear Channel, Dan certainly deserves a ton of respect for what he has accomplished in his career and locally. Dan was always fair and even during some trying situations, treated his employees well.

Dan, you'll probably never read this, but thank you for the opportunity you gave me...and enjoy the time with your family.

After my Dad passed in September Dan sent me the nicest card sharing with me some things he'd gone through recently and it really blew me away. I've enjoyed working with him through some great and trying times. Don't miss those "round table" meetings Medlin and I used to have with him back in the day. .....Goooooood times indeed ;D. Also to correct the lead story on Radio info the Led Zeppelin stunt was in 1989 which led to the switch in January of 1990.

r

Today's TRI still lists the Led Zep stunt as being in 1987 - oh well...

Just to set the record straight, the 18 day Led Zepplin stunt actually begain just after the start of the new year - January 1990....not 1989 - nor 1987.

... so, who now wants the big office with the window? Better rephrased ... "Who within the building has what it takes to deserve that position?" Who has been brown-nosing to take his place?

sorry Randy I should have run my answer by you first since you are the Czar of this board ;D. The "NEW" 98ROCK came together in 1989...put into action just after Midnight January 1st..to which the Pinellas County Sheriffs showed thinking someone had been hurt while Stairway to Heaven played on and on. Then it rolled on(added ZZ Top/Floyd and others) till we flipped on the 18th of January when we switched @ Noon.

riggie

BIGRIGGER said:
sorry Randy I should have run my answer by you first since you are the Czar of this board ;D. The "NEW" 98ROCK came together in 1989...put into action just after Midnight January 1st..to which the Pinellas County Sheriffs showed thinking someone had been hurt while Stairway to Heaven played on and on. Then it rolled on(added ZZ Top/Floyd and others) till we flipped on the 18th of January when we switched @ Noon.

riggie

Riggie Nailed it. I was at a News Years Eve gig. About 12:25 AM Jan 1. John Chapman, former CC sales dude, comes to me and says "The DJ is stoned dude...they've played Stairway twice in a row."

Ledge

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom