• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cuts at QVC

Wow do you remember what year they came to Erie? I know qvc studio park is in westchester pa. I know in the kitchen with david sometimes does live shows in different areas of the country as well.

I'm guessing it was sometime in the 1990s. I know it was a big deal when it happened.

Do the QVC2 and HSN2 channels have their own programming, or are they just timeshifted versions of the main channels? I see various feeds of QVC and HSN on local OTA subchannels, but have no idea if they are really separate. Are there more than two channels for HSN and QVC? Wikipedia has info on "QVC3" but I don't think I've ever seen that OTA anywhere.

QVC2 is a best of and until recently, live programming...per their website "Starting Wednesday, July 15, at Midnight ET, QVC2 will move away from its current mix of live and recorded programming to focus on encore presentations of your favorite shows, special events, and weekly must-sees. Rest assured—if you’re a QVC fan, there will still be more to explore on QVC2. Tune in for your favorite brands and your favorite hosts, and to catch rebroadcasts of the QVC shows you might have missed. Plus, we’ll continue to bring you the QVC2 Big Deal®, with recorded presentations airing throughout the day, every day."

HSN2 says "The Best of HSN"

QVC3 use to be called "BeautyIq"

Guide for QVC 1,2,3 and The Holiday Cheer Channel
https://www.qvc.com/content/programguide.html?redirectTerm=program+guide

QVC3 is not OTA

Steve Bryant might be available. Bob Bowersox is know on SHOPHQ.

Hi Mgomrjsurf,

You might want to double check your posts before clicking "submit" as many of them are confusing or hard to understand due to errors.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that this is a message board. We don't find "text world" abbreviations to be appropriate. One of the main reasons is that it makes searching for a post or a subject very hard due to "personalized spelling" or cellphone text messaging acronyms and abbreviations. Nope, we are not prohibiting the use of these devices, just saying that an effective post does not make use of them unless the abbreviation is the subject of the post!

;)

A bit of grade-school English for you, since you obviously flunked it. The word meaning "at the present time" is "now," not "know." "Know" means to have awareness of the true nature of something. Also, in previous posts, you have displayed ignorance of singular and plural forms. The plural of "host" is "hosts," so what you say the shopping channel needs is "more male hosts," not "more male host."

OK, we got the point. Let's move on. If you don't like those posts, ignore the poster.

We have to be a bit tolerant as a number of posters are ESL persons, and a few have typing disabilities and use voice-driven apps; there are often mistakes due to the similar sounds of many words in English and totally incoherent spelling throughout the language. Spell checkers, for example, see "know" as a correctly spelled word; they don't know that the poster meant "now".

I'm used to dealing with people in a language that is not their birth tongue... 55 years ago I realized many of my employees were native Quechua speakers and Spanish was not their first language; they misused many words. So I took a couple of courses and "did my part". It's more than tolerance; it's acceptance.

Last edited:
Do the QVC2 and HSN2 channels have their own programming, or are they just timeshifted versions of the main channels? I see various feeds of QVC and HSN on local OTA subchannels, but have no idea if they are really separate. Are there more than two channels for HSN and QVC? Wikipedia has info on "QVC3" but I don't think I've ever seen that OTA anywhere.

Qvc 2 use to have a channel on spectrum cable but not sure if has since been removed or replaced with something more people are interested in watching.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom