• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cuts at QVC

Wouldn't you think QVC would have enhanced business right now, primarily from older folks who can't go to the mall and don't do online shopping?

Wouldn't you think QVC would have enhanced business right now, primarily from older folks who can't go to the mall and don't do online shopping?

You'd think so, wouldn't you? There are still many, many people who are elderly or disabled and don't have/can't afford internet access. I have such a relative and she is a frequent customer of QVC and other shopping channels.

First person account from one of QVC's competitors. We have had record sales. First couple of weeks of April, the phones were never quiet. It's a little slower now, but everyone being cooped up at home, plus the stimulus checks, kept that cheap jewelry moving.

Need more Male Host QVC,HSN.
Maybe combined both channels move some where else because don't have a Shopping Channel that's from the West Coast. Would say KC but ShopHQ is located in Minnesota. Means David Venable would need somebody on Wednesdays for the Chat know.
Also no more QVC2 Big Deal. Maybe turn Beauty IQ into Women Shopping Channel and get on all Cable Systems,QVC into a channel that has Cooking shows that includes Wolf Gang Puck and others to from HSN. Yes HSN sells HP to and more NFL stuff with Dan Wheeker gone from QVC. HSN building can be sold to another company to use as a Shopping Channel. QVC3/HSN2 best of channels

I wonder how long they keep HSN afloat. The product overlap out of two separate facilities can't be saving them money.

First person account from one of QVC's competitors. We have had record sales. First couple of weeks of April, the phones were never quiet. It's a little slower now, but everyone being cooped up at home, plus the stimulus checks, kept that cheap jewelry moving.

Was that competitor shop nbc?

QV2 Big Deals still shows up on QVC. Lot of Host gone byt need more Male Host.

The problem with HSN is that HSN HD and HSN2 not on CCI yet.

QVC has four male hosts at the present: David Venable, Dan Hughes, Rick Domeier, and Alberti Popaj.

My late mother used to watch QVC consistently in the late 80s and 1990s. In fact, one or two years, they did on the road broadcasts from different cities. They came here to Erie, PA at least once and did their broadcasting from Presque Isle State Park.

My late mother used to watch QVC consistently in the late 80s and 1990s. In fact, one or two years, they did on the road broadcasts from different cities. They came here to Erie, PA at least once and did their broadcasting from Presque Isle State Park.

Wow do you remember what year they came to Erie? I know qvc studio park is in westchester pa. I know in the kitchen with david sometimes does live shows in different areas of the country as well.

Steve Bryant might be available. Bob Bowersox is know on SHOPHQ.

A bit of grade-school English for you, since you obviously flunked it. The word meaning "at the present time" is "now," not "know." "Know" means to have awareness of the true nature of something. Also, in previous posts, you have displayed ignorance of singular and plural forms. The plural of "host" is "hosts," so what you say the shopping channel needs is "more male hosts," not "more male host."

Do the QVC2 and HSN2 channels have their own programming, or are they just timeshifted versions of the main channels? I see various feeds of QVC and HSN on local OTA subchannels, but have no idea if they are really separate. Are there more than two channels for HSN and QVC? Wikipedia has info on "QVC3" but I don't think I've ever seen that OTA anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom