• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Curtis Media sells legendary WSJS/Winston-Salem to Truth Broadcasting for 625K

Per Radioinsight.com:

Stuart Epperson Jr’s Truth Broadcasting Company acquires Sports 600 WSJS/103.1 W276DS Winston-Salem NC from Curtis Media Group for $625,000. A Time Brokerage Agreement will take effect when Truth closes on last month’s transfer of Gospel “Big WEAL” 1510 WEAL Greensboro to Epperson’s non-commercial arm Delmarva Educational Association for $100,000. Upon completion of the deals, Truth will add WSJS to their Greensboro/Winston-Salem holdings of Christian Preaching “The Truth” 830 WTRU Kernersville, Southern Gospel 950 WPET Greensboro, and Gospel “The Light” 1340 WPOL Winston-Salem/1400 WKEW Greensboro. Epperson also owns Classic Country 98.1 WBRF Galax VA in the market.

It seems like new owners are prone to saying there will be no changes and then ... there are changes.

It's a shame to see another once mighty AM continue to diminish. There's all digital to revitalize the band but it has perhaps arrived too late. As a fan of the intimacy of AM, I hope not.

Truth's owner does own WBRF, which plays "real" country music. I wonder if that would mean anything?

In recent years WBRF has added more 90s and a few songs from the current century and cut back some on the older stuff, but it's still better than what passes for country on the big FMs.

Truth's owner does own WBRF, which plays "real" country music. I wonder if that would mean anything?

In recent years WBRF has added more 90s and a few songs from the current century and cut back some on the older stuff, but it's still better than what passes for country on the big FMs.
Blue Ridge Radio of My. Airy, NC owns WBRF, Galax, VA. Principal owners are Deborah Epperson Stringer and Kelly Epperson, children of founder Ralph Epperson. Stu Epperson, owner of Truth, is a cousin and part owner, as I understand the make-up of WBRF's ownership.

WBRF's classic country is good but too much of their programming week is devoted to specialties like bluegrass, gospel, and religion for my liking.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom