• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Currents

radioradioradio

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anyone know of a VH station that is playing currents.If so how many per hour and what are the stations?Radio Boy Roy

Just a few, but the ones I found:Jack Chicago: "Who Says You Can't Go Home" and "Bad Day" Jack New York and Baltimore: "Bad Day" and "You're Beautiful" Bob in Austin: "Dance Dance", "You're Beautiful", "Walk Away", "Bad Day" and "Unwritten"I didn't jot down how many times each song was played. I believe that Joe FM in the Saginaw-Bay City area plays current, but they're not monitored by Mediabase, so I wasn't able to get any info on them.

Louie FM played Lifehouse's "You and Me" right when the station started and the song was peaking. I want to say I've heard Bo Bice, Teddy Geiger, and Kelly Clarkson "Walk Away" on Louie also.

Sounds about right. A handful of select, very much proven and established currents. These stations don't (and shouldn't) break new music and don't play enough of anything close to currents to be loved by record companies.And, if you think about it, the fact they play bona-fide hits would make playing very many currents that aren't absolute smash hits pretty dicey, considering big familiarity is one of the main attractions of these stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom