• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Curious about Puerto Rico...

I first would like to say I am not a Radio Professional, Radio is my hobby. In no way is this question disrespectful to our friends in Puerto Rico. With that said...

I do not understand what makes Puerto Rico a "Top 20 Market"?

Thanks,
Stuart

The fact that Puerto Rico has been an unified market for many years. As in the whole island. Its population of almost 4 million makes it a Top 20 market.

Shame that this board doesn't get so much recognition as the New York, Chicago, or even the Phoenix boards do.

Stuart Greenberg said:
I do not understand what makes Puerto Rico a "Top 20 Market"?

Market rank is a function of population... often qualified by age and geography.

In radio, rank is a function of the population of the Metropolitan Survey Area as defined by Arbitron. Arbitron MSA are not necessarily the same as the OMB / Census MSA's, which are Metropolitan Statistical Areas.

Puerto Rico's suvey area is the entire island of Puerto Rico and its coastal islands, and with a population of 3.344 million 12+ persons, places it right between the Seattle and Phoenix MSA's. And that makes it market #14 in the US.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom