• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus CEO Closes In On $20 Million In Compensation

History repeats itself. Fagreed did it, now the Dickeys continue on with the legacy of grabbing the money bag and running with it. The short-term reward will spell long-term failure of the company. Will the little Dickeys care? Nope! They'll have already gamed the machine for all it's worth when the house of cards come down. Suck it dry and leave nothing to spare... That's today's corporate broadcasting.

OKCRadioGuy said:
That's today's corporate broadcasting.

That's todays CORPORATE world.

That's also why the country is going straight down the crapper too. We have this kind of crap going on, we have jobs shipped overseas, and general Wal-Mart attitude about everything (or wanting things totally free even). Not to rant, but I agree. It's more than just radio. Before anyone thinks I'm a liberal, I'm far from it. There just has to be some means to the end on how the scumbags can effectively rip off "stockholders" and even employees (which WERE stockholders back in Cit days). Stuff like this just proves to me that the stock market, 401k's, and anything that trades public shouldn't have any of my money in it if I can help it.

Judging from the Internet blog traffic, they have made a lot of enemies
with people who relied on this and other programs, who now find them gone.

People don't like not being able to rely on a station for something the
station promoted, and that became a personal habit.

Don't be surprised when the public demands new regulations on the whole
industry.

So far they have canceled: Coast-To-Coast, Rusty Humphries, Glenn Beck
(his home market area), Jeff Bolton (local show), Mark Davis (local
show) and Fox News on the hour. There may be more.

Agreed. I really HATE our "choices" this season. I share your disgust for Mr. Bain Capital Partners yet dislike the other 'option' even more. Oh well. It seems to me that anything or anyone that costs much $$$ at all at Cumeless is eliminated. Other people's syndication costs more or offers less avails for Cumeless so they eliminate them. Stupid, but that's just how they are.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom