• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Crown transmitter frequency drifting

I have a Crown FM 150 running 68 watts driving a Kathrein directional FM antenna. Its programmed to 98.5 fm. Last week I couldn't pick up the signal on my radio. Quick tuning indicated the carrier had moved up to 99.1 mhz. Stepping on a co channel a few miles away. Needless to say I went to the tower site, wrote down all the readings and shut it down. I'm very confused. The transmitter is co located with a 250 watt transmitter on 103.1 and a 4500 watt transmitter on 94.1. Anybody ever seen such a shift?

Henry Royse
WCLU
Glasgow, KY

The LPFM I work for runs a Crown FM100 (heavily modded FM30....!!) running 50 watts at 94.7.......It's about 14 years old and was recently overhauled, including installing the IREC-1
remote control interface and new audio processing card.....
Frequency drift has never been a problem here....we're within a 1/2 mile of a 50kw FM on 89.1 and a 4.6kw FM on 102.3.....
Suggest you contact Larry Humphrey at Crown:[email protected] Tel: (866)-262-8917
Good luck!

Are there programming dip switched for the frequency. If it has dip switched to set the frequency, have you exorcised them to see if the frequency returned to normal?

I would order a replacement Rf Exciter circuit board.
If you attempt to repair the existing board, you will need to have the carrier frequency measured to assure that you are operating on frequency.

I own a Crown FM 100 which I have rented to stations when they have had issues with their exciters or are in dire need of an emergency transmitter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom