• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Country Rock

P

Plum

Many eons ago I was "allowed" to mix rock/rockabilly/folk/new country/old country/country western altogether on an all night country show in L.A.--It was like an "underground rock" format (now I'm REALLY aging myself!) only it was Country! I could play album tracks as long as I mixed them in with the "hits".
Linda Ronstadt-The Eagles-Conway Twitty-Johnny Cash-Elvis-Dolly Parton-George Jones-Hey it all worked and it was a lovely overnight thing! A decade after that we had a format in LA called Classic Country and even though it was structured we were mixing all kinds of music. It worked really nice. My job was to keep decent ratings at night in the times we wern't playing Lakers or Kings games. It worked because it was different! It would be nice if the Bull or Eagle did something like that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom