• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Country Music That Sounds Like Country Music

I am constantly looking for a radio station that plays Country Music that Sounds like Country music. Any Country station that Hank Williams doesn't fit in the mix is not a Country station, in my opinion. And even Classic Country stations are getting to that point. That's why I prefer the term, "Traditional Country." That's why I have a Traditional Country Group on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/110547252413429/

And a forum here... http://sonofdavid.myfreeforum.org/forum134.php&sid=826d8968e4fac9c70ecb08acd3db9f4c

I rarely listen to any form of radio any more. No matter what the format, I rarely hear good music anymore.

TomL said:
I am constantly looking for a radio station that plays Country Music that Sounds like Country music. Any Country station that Hank Williams doesn't fit in the mix is not a Country station

I rarely listen to any form of radio any more. No matter what the format, I rarely hear good music anymore.

howdy brother, is that hank williams sr, or hank jr, or hank III, or all three hanks?

correct answer: all three hanks!(yipes, aint all three hanks pretty much blacklisted these days on radio)

you rarely hear any good music anymore, because the centralized dictated playlists, disquised as country, are speeded up, noised up, and artificially modified songs, intended for the quick arousal of the average quarterly hour, prepubescent listener in the major urban markets based upon research for those, who have little knowledge of our beloved country music heritage beyond a couple years.

To me, the new song from Darius Rucker named "Wagon Wheel" couldn't be more traditional country!

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

"wagon wheel" yipes, it is! that is, the old crow medicine show song(had to google up, darius-wagon wheel). do i dare listen to the darius version first and then blast it, or do i just blast it, without hearing it first.

please understand young'ns, the old crow country folk version, is the song many of our ears been hearin' and our brain been knowin' for years. some of us late 40's stubburn, but loveable old men dont like our whiskey, or our country music watered down....

scott salvatori said:
TomL said:
I am constantly looking for a radio station that plays Country Music that Sounds like Country music. Any Country station that Hank Williams doesn't fit in the mix is not a Country station

howdy brother, is that hank williams sr, or hank jr, or hank III, or all three hanks?

correct answer: all three hanks!(yipes, aint all three hanks pretty much blacklisted these days on radio)

you rarely hear any good music anymore, because the centralized dictated playlists, disquised as country, are speeded up, noised up, and artificially modified songs, intended for the quick arousal of the average quarterly hour, prepubescent listener in the major urban markets based upon research for those, who have little knowledge of our beloved country music heritage beyond a couple years.

You said it. But, I was referring to Hank Sr.

James Otto Sweet Heart said:
To me, the new song from Darius Rucker named "Wagon Wheel" couldn't be more traditional country!

Holly

I'll never know since I don't listen to new country. You might get 1 out of 100 songs that might actually sound country. I don't waste my time.

Here's a test. Listen to Ricky Skaggs, then listen to Boz Skaggs, then see who of those two today's country sounds like.

^^^ I have heard both. I actually have Ricky's Live In London album. The "Wagon Wheel" song may surprise you. :) :) :)

God bless you and Ricky always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ I have heard both. I actually have Ricky's Live In London album. The "Wagon Wheel" song may surprise you. :) :) :)

Holly

That's 1 song out of how many. Is it on youtube?

Holly

okay, i heard about 10 seconds of the darius version via the internet. its not bad!!!! but, i cant say that about all his other watered down AC popified sounds force fed to the urban masses via country radio. ya, but the does the darius version contain the proper lyrics "....i caught a trucker out of philly, had a nice long toke", or have they left out that marijuana inuendo verse?

God bless you, darius, hooty, and all the blowfish!!!! ::) ::) ::)

^^^ I love when Darius mentions Johnson City, TN in the "Wagon Wheel" song because I am only like an hour away from there. :) :) :)

Holly

I have been introduced to myhillbillymusic.com Finally, somebody remembers what Country music really is. The MTV junk played on so called Country radio today ain't it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom