• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Country 94.7-HD2 and Alt 92.3-HD2 should be on translators!

It would be great if Audacy put those defunct formats on a translator. Country could do well in parts of NJ. W224CW 92.7 and W268AN 101.5 would be a good place for 94.7-HD2. Currently silent W232AL 94.3 would be a good place for 92.3-HD2.

With regard to Country, I believe that the area near the 92.7 translator in NJ is located already can receive at least one station with the format, Thunder Country. There is also a pair of translators running Cat Country that may reach a considerable portion of the population there.
And of course the translator may be unavailable, if it's being successfully used by another broadcaster. I doubt Audacy, in its current financial condition, would be willing to pay a high purchasing/leasing price for it.
Apparently the 101.5 translator mentioned in the original post is being used to simulcast WGBB AM, in central Long Island.

With regard to Country, I believe that the area near the 92.7 translator in NJ is located already can receive at least one station with the format, Thunder Country. There is also a pair of translators running Cat Country that may reach a considerable portion of the population there.
And of course the translator may be unavailable, if it's being successfully used by another broadcaster. I doubt Audacy, in its current financial condition, would be willing to pay a high purchasing/leasing price for it.
Apparently the 101.5 translator mentioned in the original post is being used to simulcast WGBB AM, in central Long Island.
I live in Midwood Brooklyn and receive 1310 Cat Country Jersey Shore in my car.I am sure that 1310 can be received in Belle Harbour and Staten Island.The old WJLK 1310 was not listenable in Brooklyn.I do not know why things changed.WKMK can only be heard around here when the 106.3 pirate is not on.My main listening in the car is Sirius,101.1 HD3,WMTR and WKMK(when I can get it).I do not expect any NYC country station at all.My daughter listens to 94.7 HD2 but will be moving to WXTU land in August.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom