• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Couldn't a WDUV work in Miami/Ft L anymore?

C

cd637299

Hi

Just wondering, why in the world with a large 55+ population here, why someone hasn't tried a WDUV-Tampa-esque format (even a WAVV, but I won't push) once more here?

I know all about advertisers & demos & such....but I'd sure like to hear a softer format again. Does everyone here like harder music?

Any thoughts?

cd

cd637299 said:
Hi

Just wondering, why in the world with a large 55+ population here, why someone hasn't tried a WDUV-Tampa-esque format (even a WAVV, but I won't push) once more here?

In Tampa, that format is #1 in share, but it is about 14th in revenue with Tampa being a significantly greater retirement center. Keep in mind, the Miami MSA is 50% Hispanic and 20% African American, so the audience for a very old leaning station is more limited.

Also, being a larger market, Miami has a higher percentage of agency business and 55+ revenue, such as it is (or isn't) is not going to come from transactional buys.

cd637299 said:
Hi

I know all about advertisers & demos & such....but I'd sure like to hear a softer format again. Does everyone here like harder music?

Any thoughts?

cd

Radio is not programmed for those over 55, get satellite radio. Free radio isn't worth the price anymore.

Tell me about it. My feelings are, dontcha think that people just like to hear soft music, no matter the age? As a teen, I couldn't stand top 40 all the time. Ah but then, I must have been the crazy uncle.

cd

cd637299 said:
Tell me about it. My feelings are, dontcha think that people just like to hear soft music, no matter the age? As a teen, I couldn't stand top 40 all the time. Ah but then, I must have been the crazy uncle.

cd

Same here! Growing up Top 40 was my base but I kept branching out and listening to other things too. I enjoy finding new music. I never restricted myself to just the stuff that was popular while in High School. New music can come from any era by the way, just new to me. I can add this music without giving up the old favorites I listened to when I was around 5 years old! Still think you'rethe crazy uncle?

If you like Easy Listening there are several internet options. One of my favorites is WEZV/Myrtle Beach. They stream at WEZV.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom