• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could KGHO-FM work on one singular frequency?

I apologize if the Seattle forum is not the best placement for this thread, I am relatively new here. Thank you all for being patient!

Anyway, I have been getting a tad bit annoyed lately. I frequently listen to KISM 92.9 (from Bellingham) and CFMI 101.1 (from BC Canada), and it seems KGHO is using both of those frequencies for low power rebrodcasters of their 98.5 Aberdeen signal.

If I tune in 92.9 in using an omnidirectional antenna, I can get KISM perfectly, even though there is a rebrodcaster of KGHO on 92.9 in front of me (I am in the Tacoma area). However, if I use a directional antenna to the north, KGHO will totally obliterate my signal of KISM. On the other hand, with a directional antenna, I can usually pick up a half listenable CFMI, but with the omni directional antenna, I cant loose the Olympia repeater of KGHO on 101.1

At any rate, is there any way for KGHO to shed the LP status, and find one frequency that works decently all around their desired coverage area? The unfortunate thing, even with all of these repeaters, their signal is still not strong enough to be listenable :mad:

The Spencers have a Construction Permit to build a full-power non-comm FM in Aberdeen. If they manage to get it on the air, there may be some changes.

Who knows with John and Brian.

I think the Oly translator is now on 101.1...at least it was as of July 4th weekend.

KYAO-LP is moving from 89.5 to 100.1. No other changes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom