• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could Family Radio (Harold Camping's Stations) Be For Sale?

How about CBS buys 610 am in San Francisco and sells 1550 am to Mr. Camping. Is that a possibility of his Judgement Day Billboards in San Francisco and Oakland?

I hope that after May 21st that Camping is forced to sell his stations because of people pulling their support after he's been proven wrong AGAIN, and have to sell them at a bargain. Maybe at least a few of them could become CCM stations or at least be sold to an organization like Bott that is more Biblically sound. But then he might be the type that would sell to a secular organization or shut down than to sell to any Christian group that didn't go along with his theology. ::)

recto101 said:
How about CBS buys 610 am in San Francisco and sells 1550 am to Mr. Camping. Is that a possibility of his Judgement Day Billboards in San Francisco and Oakland?

I have a better idea. Why not CBS bring back KFRC-610AM and 1550 be sold to someone other than Camping? KFRC-AM-FM would be very interesting indeed.

Update Philippine media ABS-CBN news has shown that Mr Campings Billboards are in the Philippines and located on Metro Manila area Freeways. In the ABS-CBN report Mr Camping's supporters are blocking all lanes of metro manila freeways for Mr Camping's Publicity Stunt. Does Mr Camping really own a station in the Philippines?

Just out of curiosity I tried a few minutes ago to get to Family Radio's website and couldn't reach it. Did they take it down or is it so overloaded that you can't reach it now?

dxer720 said:
At 89, he may not live through the shock of either: The realization that he was wrong again, or the thought that he may have been "left behind".

I hope Camping lives long enough to realize he was wrong AGAIN, although he'll probably never admit it.

anotherguy said:
Just out of curiosity I tried a few minutes ago to get to Family Radio's website and couldn't reach it. Did they take it down or is it so overloaded that you can't reach it now?

dxer720 said:
At 89, he may not live through the shock of either: The realization that he was wrong again, or the thought that he may have been "left behind".

I hope Camping lives long enough to realize he was wrong AGAIN, although he'll probably never admit it.

I think that Camping will end up being branded a laughingstock among station owners, and it will be his station group that's going out of business on May 21st. If so, then be prepared to see format changes on all of Family Radio's stations once Family Radio breaks up for keeps.

Late last night, poor Mr Camping was catching all kinds of flack from callers on his "open Forum" program on WYFR shortwave, from callers who disputed his end of the world prediction. He also was criticized by another religion 'huxter', Brother Scare, who complained that Camping's foolish and erroneous sham was going to hurt all of the religion merchants, most likely when it comes to finances. I wonder how Camping is going to talk his way out of this one? Hopefully it will be the end of Family Radio, freeing up all of those frequencies on shortwave clogged by religion merchants.

Mr. Mike said:
recto101 said:

I have a better idea. Why not CBS bring back KFRC-610AM and 1550 be sold to someone other than Camping? KFRC-AM-FM would be very interesting indeed.

Because CBS owns both KPIX-TV and KOVR-TV and a ton of radio stations in San Fran and Sacramento, it's an automatic non-starter. 610 puts a massive signal into both markets.

It can't happen unless the FCC relaxed their ownership rules yet again... or just nukes any rules entirely.

Now, could CBS sell off the KFRC calls to a party that buys the 610 frequency from Camping the Cultist? It's possible.

Well Mr. Camping is wrong again. The problem is that his followers are led astray by his cult teachings and end up losing site of the God and the Bible.

Camping following his own bible but it's not the one we should be adhering to.

As for WYFR, Harold Camping will go the way of Gene Scott and Pastor Jane on Shortwave as having interesting theories about the Bible and entertaining but both false prophets

Nathan Obral said:
Mr. Mike said:
recto101 said:

Because CBS owns both KPIX-TV and KOVR-TV and a ton of radio stations in San Fran and Sacramento, it's an automatic non-starter. 610 puts a massive signal into both markets.

It can't happen unless the FCC relaxed their ownership rules yet again... or just nukes any rules entirely.

Now, could CBS sell off the KFRC calls to a party that buys the 610 frequency from Camping the Cultist? It's possible.

I wasn't suggesting that CBS Radio buy 610AM outright as of now, let alone the FCC relaxing its rules. If CBS were to do so they'd have to sell one of their stations in either San Francisco or Sacramento, bearing in mind the fact that they're separate markets. If CBS were to separate from KFRC, I'd be open to someone else owning 610am and 106.9fm, keeping the oldies format on both dials and using the calls KFRC on both stations.

AS for Camping, unless I'm mistaken his days as a station owner appear to be on the verge of being numbered, in light of this "judgement day" fiasco.

All Camping's stations could go up for sale domestically, but you would have to find someone who would be willing to buy WYFR. This is a very extensive Shortwave property. With the decline in Shortwave communications in favor of satellite broadcasting world wide, you would have to find someone who is willing to take over and complete the spreading of the Gospel to remote areas of the world. It may just be that Camping would be able to hold on to the Short Wave property or he may be forced to abandon WYFR. If he holds on, he could be like Dr. Gene Scott and Pastor Jane on Shortwave.

Somebody in Oakland and San Francisco who is a camping supporter is hiding him. Heck we made Camping the new Glenn Beck. I hope Camping didn't just use this date to commit Suicide. Look in Oakland yesterday, More Anti-Camping groups were waiting outside the Family Radio's 610 AM studios partying like its New Year if you see video from the KGO-TV report lots of San Francisco Media and anti-Camping groups were waiting if he will explain himself. OK Lets protest outside History Channel offices next year and go after the Camping type people who started the 2012 scare. and 2 I hope KNDL the dead religious station in Napa takes over the 610am Frequency.

Family Radio stations for sale? The FCC should strip Family Radio of its licenses for perpetrating this hoax. This wasn't some lame contest or station promotion. This for many was a life changing event that cost them jobs, their life savings and in some cases, their families. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it cost some followers their faith.

Imagine the uproar if Clear Channel or Cumulus participated in and advocated such an ploy. This wasn't the first time that the honorable reverend Mr. Camping foisted an end times falsehood upon his listeners. Enough is enough. If Family Radio has a shred of integrity, it would turn in the licenses. This isn't likely. As such, the licenses should be challenged. I offer this opinion not only as a responsible broadcaster, but as a practicing and far from perfect Christian.

One more thing, "Only the Father knows the appointed hour."

recto101 said:
Somebody in Oakland and San Francisco who is a camping supporter is hiding him. Heck we made Camping the new Glenn Beck. I hope Camping didn't just use this date to commit Suicide. Look in Oakland yesterday, More Anti-Camping groups were waiting outside the Family Radio's 610 AM studios partying like its New Year if you see video from the KGO-TV report lots of San Francisco Media and anti-Camping groups were waiting if he will explain himself. OK Lets protest outside History Channel offices next year and go after the Camping type people who started the 2012 scare. and 2 I hope KNDL the dead religious station in Napa takes over the 610am Frequency.

I just hope KFRC takes over 610 with oldies, removing the far end frequency of 1550!

-crainbebo

What should happen is for the Family Radio board of directors, or whatever the governing body is called, should simply fire Camping, forced retirement. He would be banned from doing anything with Family Stations other than collect his pension, assuming he gets one. Family Radio could easily go on with out him. They've got great music for those who don't want CCM, they just need someone that's solid in the Bible running their network deciding what preaching and teaching programming they'd air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom