• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cornerstone TV: Circa 1988 (Who was this guy?)

I know it's TV, but if anyone can ID a guy I saw a few times on TV almost 20 years ago, someone on this board might. It was on Cornerstone's WPCB-40 in Pittsburgh. (The network's flagship right?)

He was a muscle-bound black guy with Jheri curls who hosted a talk show with an in-studio audience that was almost all-white. He may have been based in Richmond, VA (read on) and his on-air style owed a lot to his contemporary Aresnio Hall. The intro, done in a pixelated MTV style, showed a girl arguing with her parents, fleeing, ending up in a bad neighborhood and getting menaced by a couple of punks. Cut to a scene of black guy's eyes reflected in his rear-view mirror, and then his Nissan Z with personalized Virginia tags rolling to her rescue. Punks get scared off, he takes girl home and rides off like the Lone Ranger. :D

Aside from the admittedly cheesy touches, I remember the guy because he had secular kids who often disagreed with his message. I've mentioned him on radio boards over the years but never got any closer to ID'ing this mystery man.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom