• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN MUSIC -- LOTS OF GOOD MUSIC COMING OUT NOW.

We have been pleased with the new Christian Music coming out as of late. This is good news as you may note just sometime ago, I was disappointed with the lack of good Christian music being released by the labels.

It should also be noted that a lot of great music is being released by small, independent labels (Indie type artists). joshz

A lot of it has a "sameness" to it, but I like J.J. Heller's "Your Hands" and Among the Thisty's "I'd Need A Savior," to name a few.

If the "music" you are referring to is that coming out of K-love and Air-1 I have to disagree.

My wife is a CCM listener and it's gotten to where I dread riding in her car as she will most likely have one of those stations playing.

I have found one set almost indistinguishable from the next. Over amp'ed and very repetitious. No melody to speak of and very poor arrangements. About the only thing setting them apart are the lyrics which tend to be repeated over and over....and over.

I should mention that we own a radio station network so we receive all the stuff that's coming out. I agree K-LOVE has a very tight playlist and they purposely are trying to achieve a particular sound. Our radio station network, LIFT FM does not follow the same parameters of most Christian stations.

josh

I run a Christian CHR / Rock formated station and I feel the Christian music out there is better than it ever has been.

-- Matt
XmusicOnline.Com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom