• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Congratulations to Bob & Shari

Congratulations to Bob & Shari for their expanded hours on K-104.7 starting on Valentine's Day.

What has happened to Sheri?

I guess I shouldn't criticize if she doesn't want to color her hair, but those glasses ...
Remember one thing, she laughs all the way to the bank. The lady also has enough wit to cut the two of us to shreds with a single sentence if she cared to!

I know a station that carried the show for 2 weeks before dumping it and told them to eat their affiliate cancellation fee

4 songs in an hour? Barf.

and then the topper was an inappropriate question Bob asked.

They were talking about the weirdest compliments women ever goten from men. One lady called in to say some guy said her hair smelled nice... bob asked what her hair color was.. she said she was a red head. Bob hemmed and hawed for a minute.. and then asked "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

What is this show’s target audience as far as age? It seems like it’s best suited for soft AC’s.

Bob Lacey was recently inducted into the WBT Hall of Fame at sister station to 107.9-WLNK, where he began his talk show in Charlotte radio before moving to WBTV PM Magazine and back to the FM radio side. His broadcast tenure was primarily at WBT/WLNK/WBTV prior to the change a year ago when they moved to Beasley at 104.7.

Sheri Lynch hair is part gray and part highlight coloring. She also may deal with female bladder control issues as she is a local celebrity endorser for an incontinence therapy service provider.

I miss Bob and Sheri in the mornings as I do not receive the 104.7 signal in Spartanburg since they moved from 107.9. WLNK can be heard in Spartanburg but not 104.7 due to short space signal issues with WNOK in Columbia. I wish Bob and Sheri would add a Greenville-Spartanburg affiliate.

I know a station that carried the show for 2 weeks before dumping it and told them to eat their affiliate cancellation fee

4 songs in an hour? Barf.

and then the topper was an inappropriate question Bob asked.

They were talking about the weirdest compliments women ever goten from men. One lady called in to say some guy said her hair smelled nice... bob asked what her hair color was.. she said she was a red head. Bob hemmed and hawed for a minute.. and then asked "Does the carpet match the drapes?"
Sounds like the affiliate didn’t do their research before signing.

Sounds like the affiliate didn’t do their research before signing.
unfortunately, this was 7 years ago, so i cant say one way or another

Congratulations to Bob & Shari for their expanded hours on K-104.7 starting on Valentine's Day.
They are enjoying renewed success at 104.7 and feel better respected by Beasley, following a lack of appreciation by previous owners at 107.9. According to a recent Charlotte Observer interview. No grudge with Radio One as they never really worked for them, despite the release.

They are enjoying renewed success at 104.7 and feel better respected by Beasley, following a lack of appreciation by previous owners at 107.9. According to a recent Charlotte Observer interview. No grudge with Radio One as they never really worked for them, despite the release.
This must be what you're referring to. I haven't read it yet but Sheri looks terrible in that photo. And they're still on the commercial.

they are supposedly on 70 stations plus a growing market and they are complaining about no 401K, no Dental plan, and working more hours for less money than they ever have?

What is wrong with this picture?

She is 56, he is 72.... she probably needs to work another 11 years.... do you think he is going to be doing radio at 83?

But she did go back to Grad School for something or other Oh a MSW? Would you like fries with that?

How much did they pay David Fields for the rights to their show?

One thing that's wrong in the newspaper article: it says they were on The Link in the early 90s. It wasn't called that for several more years.

I heard a car blasting The Lake today. I think that was a really bad choice for a radio station name, but now that WLNK is no longer The Link maybe it's no longer a problem.

One thing that's wrong in the newspaper article: it says they were on The Link in the early 90s. It wasn't called that for several more years.

I heard a car blasting The Lake today. I think that was a really bad choice for a radio station name, but now that WLNK is no longer The Link maybe it's no longer a problem.
It hasn't made a difference since PPM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom