• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Comparing Peak(Phoenix) to Jack(NYC) & Mike (Boston)

A

azenergyfan

Ok so I got some airchecks from Jack in NYC and Mike in Boston. I gave them both a listen, 80mnis worth and thought I would compare those two stations to our Jack clone The Peak

Jack NYC - Well the aircheck started out with some Joan Jett and then went into Ac/Dc - I was like WOW sure don't sound like that on the Peak. I would have to say the entire aircheck from NYC, I heard songs that Peak dosen't touch. The two above plus MC Hammer, u can't touch this, new stuff by Blink 182 small things, and also heard Kylie Minogue, Locomotion. Possibly it will get more defined once it has been on the air a while but the music selection is very different than The Peak

Mike Boston - This station is more in the vain of The Peak but I noticed alot of dance type of selections. I wonder if they are keeping in the donna summer, cc music factory, gloria gaynor since their old incarnation was a dance ac station. I did like it and a great feature they have is a listener sends in a list of five songs they want on the air. They call the listener up and the listener gets to introduce the songs and talk about why he picked the songs. I think they called it Your Mike or something. Anyways, good sounding station but not as in your face with music selections as Jack NYC

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom