• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Coming This Fall on Local TV?

On September 9, WEWS is moving their Scripps produced viral video show "Right This Minute" up to 10 a.m., running 2 back to back episodes until 11.

RTM is being rolled out nationally this year after a 2 year run of airing mostly on Scripps owned stations.

"The Cleveland Show" premieres on WJW Monday Sept 9 at 3:30a.

And they've adjusted their late night schedule as well for fall:

11p - Arsenio Hall
mid - "Big Bang Theory"
12:30 - TMZ
1 - "Seinfeld" X2
2 - 10p news replay
3 - paid
3:30 "Cleveland Show"

"Access Hollywood" moves over to WUAB on 9/9 weeknights at 11:30p

Beginning September 16, WUAB will bring in a couple of Byron Allen's "dramatized" (i.e. scripted) court shows - "America's Court" with Judge Ross, and the brand new "Supreme Justice" with Judge Karen (who is on her 3rd different court show).

"The Cleveland Show" premieres on WJW Monday Sept 9 at 3:30a.

And they've adjusted their late night schedule as well for fall:

11p - Arsenio Hall
mid - "Big Bang Theory"
12:30 - TMZ
1 - "Seinfeld" X2
2 - 10p news replay
3 - paid
3:30 "Cleveland Show"

Add in a 3rd run of "Judge Judy" at 4a, and WJW's new weekday schedule is now complete.

4:30-10a - Fox 8 News in the Morning
10a - New Day Cleveland
11a - Wendy Williams
noon - News
1p - "The Test"
2p - Steve Harvey
3p - "Judge Judy" X2
4-7:30p - News
7:30p - "Big Bang Theory"
8-10p - Fox
10p - News
11p - Aresenio Hall
mid - "Big Bang Theory"
12:30a - TMZ
1a - "Seinfeld" X2
2a - 10p News replay
3a - infomercial
3:30a - "Cleveland Show"
4a - "Judge Judy"

My quick view on the fall line-ups: WJW has an impressive line-up. WKYC, WEWS and WBNX are pretty good too. WOIO is okay, but WUAB not so much.

Just saw that WUAB is going to have a double run of Steve Wilkos at Noon and 3pm starting on September 16. Maury's second run moves to 1PM and Trisha Goddard moves to 2PM. I can do without Wilkos and Povich twice a day. Same with two hours of The People's Court on WBNX.

I'd rather see sitcoms put to better use on both WJW and 43, which is really putting the comedies in unwatchable time slots. WBNX should trade in some of their shows for stuff like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, 30 Rock, Family Guy, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The King of Queens and other shows to be wasted in latenight hell.

What's also disappointing is that the stations are picking up double runs of select talk shows and court shows that are less than promising (Judge Ross, Paternity Court, Judge Karen...again!), yet have no room for Family Feud and Queen Latifah? 43 could've put those shows on. Heck, even Access Hollywood Live and/or TMZ Live.

Speaking of Queen Latifah, anyone know why NO ONE in Cleveland is picking up her show?

Just saw that WUAB is going to have a double run of Steve Wilkos at Noon and 3pm starting on September 16. Maury's second run moves to 1PM and Trisha Goddard moves to 2PM. I can do without Wilkos and Povich twice a day. Same with two hours of The People's Court on WBNX.

I'd rather see sitcoms put to better use on both WJW and 43, which is really putting the comedies in unwatchable time slots. WBNX should trade in some of their shows for stuff like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, 30 Rock, Family Guy, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The King of Queens and other shows to be wasted in latenight hell.

What's also disappointing is that the stations are picking up double runs of select talk shows and court shows that are less than promising (Judge Ross, Paternity Court, Judge Karen...again!), yet have no room for Family Feud and Queen Latifah? 43 could've put those shows on. Heck, even Access Hollywood Live and/or TMZ Live.

Speaking of Queen Latifah, anyone know why NO ONE in Cleveland is picking up her show?

Some of those sitcoms WBNX won't touch due to station ownership (Can you see Ernest Angley airing programming produced by hardcore atheist/religion mocker Seth McFarlane? Or the uber risque HIMYM or "Sunny in Philly"?)

I know WBNX has lightened up somewhat since hooking up with WB/CW, but they still have certain boundaries they won't cross if they can at all help it.

Regarding Queen Latifah:

3 - stacked with old reliable talk shows and newbie "Bethanny" which has an in due to being tied in with longtime station fixture "Ellen"
5 - no room in daytime with "Kelly and Micheal", "Katie" and "Dr. Oz", plus Scripps pet project "Right This Minute", which is rolling out nationally this year
8 - with 13 hours a day of local news/talk (counting New Day Cleveland and the late news replay), WJW's doing well squeezing in what the have (fixtures Big Bang, Seinfeld, and Judge Judy; newbies Arsenio 2.0. "Cleveland Show", and "The Test", and WBNX transfer Wendy Williams)
19 - not much room with game shows, 4 p.m. news. and Raycom pet project "America Now" (which is also doing a national roll out this year)
43 - all I can say is that the Wilkos/Springer/Maury troika must be doing well for them in the ratings for them to have been the anchors in the afternoons over there as long as they have. They probably could have squeezed her in the easiest, but she doesn't fit the motif. Their late night sitcom lineup (with "2 1/2 Men" probably moving there due to "Modern Family", as well as HIMYM, "30 Rock", and "Family Guy") would match up with most My Net, CW, or (even in some cases) Fox affiliate early evening lineups.
55 - they like their courtroom block, plus they're loaded with sitcoms.

Speaking of which...55.2 is finally gonna get some programming as of 9/9 to break up the all day "90 & 9 Club" block...a double shot of Andy Griffith weekdays at 4p.

At least it's something.

I thought I heard something about 61.2 coming this fall with English language programming. If anyone has any additional details, let me know. Thanks.

I thought I heard something about 61.2 coming this fall with English language programming. If anyone has any additional details, let me know. Thanks.

Channel 61 will run GetTV, a movie channel owned by Sony. It'll be more or less similar to This TV on WBNX 55.3.

As the new programs are now trickling in, here's how everything will look on the major stations in town, once all is said and done:

WKYC 3 (NBC)

4a - Early Today
4:30-7a - News
7-11a - Today Show
11a - Rachael Ray
noon - News
12:30p - infomercial
1p - Days of Our Lives
2p - The Doctors
3p - Bethanny
4p - Ellen
5p - Dr. Phil
6p - News
6:30p - NBC Nightly News
7p - News
7:30 - Entertainment Tonight
8-11p - NBC Primetime
11p - News
11:35p - Jay Leno
12:35a - Jimmy Fallon
1:35a - Carson Daly
2:05a - Today Show (4th hour replay)
3:05a - infomercial
3:35a - Entertainment Tonight

WEWS 5 (ABC)

4a - ABC News This Morning
7-9a - Good Morning America
9a - Live with Kelly and Michael
10a - Right This Minute X2
11a - The View
noon - News
1p - The Chew
2p - General Hospital
3p - Katie
4p - Dr. Oz
5-6:30p - News
6:30p - ABC World News
7p - The List
7:30p - Let's Ask America
8-11p - ABC Primetime
11p - News
11:35p - Jimmy Kimmel
12:35a - Nightline
1:05a - Right This Minute
1:35a - Dr. Oz
2:05-4a - ABC Overnight News

WJW 8 (Fox)

4:30-10a - News
10a - New Day Cleveland
11a - Wendy Williams
noon - News
1p - The Test
2p - Steve Harvey
3p - Judge Judy X2
4-7:30p - News
7:30p - Big Bang theory
8-10p - Fox Primetime
10p - News
11p - Arsenio Hall
midnight - Big Bang Theory
12:30a - TMZ
1a - Seinfeld X2
2a - 10p news replay
3a - infomercial
3:30a - The Cleveland Show
4a - Judge Judy

WOIO 19 (CBS)

4a - CBS Morning News
7-9a - CBS This Morning
9a - America Now X2
10a - Let's Make A Deal
11a - The Price is Right
noon - News
12:30p - The Young and The Restless
1:30p - The Bold and The Beautiful
2p - The Talk
3p - Who Wants to be a Millionaire
3:30p - Jepoardy
4-6:30p - News
6:30p - CBS Evening News
7p - Wheel of Fortune
7:30p - Jeopardy
8-11p - CBS Primetime
11p - News
11:35p - David Letterman
12:35a - Craig Fergueson
1:35a - King of Queens
2:05-4a - CBS Overnight News

WUAB 43 (My Net)

5-7a - religious
7a - News
8a - infomercial
8:30a - E/I programs
9a - 700 Club
10a - America's Court
10:30a - Supreme Justice
11a - Judge Mathis
noon - Steve Wilkos
1p - Maury
2p - Trisha Goddard
3p - Steve Wilkos
4p - Jerry Springer
5p - Maury
6p - Insider
6:30p - Inside Edition
7p - Modern Family X2
8p - My Network TV
10p - News
11p - Extra
11:30p - Access hollywood
midnight - 2 1/2 Men
12:30a - How I Met Your Mother X2
1:30a - 30 Rock X2
2:30 - Family Guy
3a - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia X2
4a - infomercials

WBNX 55 (CW)

6-8a - Daily Buzz
8a - Better
9a - 90 and 9 Club
10a-noon - People's Court X2
noon - Divorce Court X2
1p - Judge Alex X2
2p - Paternity Court X2
3p - Bill Cunningham
4p - Everybody Loves Raymond
4:30p - Til Death X2
5:30p - The Office
6p - Rules of Engagement
6:30p - Community
7p - The Middle X2
8-10p - CW Primetime
10p - Friends X2
11p - Rules of Engagement
11:30p - The Office
midnight - Community
12:30a - Dish Nation
1a - House of Payne
1:30a - Meet The Browns
2a - Are We There Yet
2:30a - Everybody Loves Raymond
3-5a - Law and Order SVU X2
5a - Cops
5:30a - King of the Hill

Last edited:
This annoys me a great deal as well. They have good strong syndicates programming but they do not air them in HD. The thing that I do not get about this is that it seems they ca air the shows in HD but choose not to. In the morning they air The Daily Buzz in Hd it is a syndicated show, so why are all of the shows not in HD?

WEWS/5 has changed their line-up again. Dr. Oz is now on at 10am and Right This Minute is now on at 4 and 4:30pm right before Live on Five. That's odd they would make that switch now, and I don't see Minute as a good lead-in for the 5pm newscast.

Well, it looks like Barney Miller has disappeared from 8.2. Antenna replaced the 2 hour block of Barney Miller on Thursday night with Sanford & Son and All in the Family. Antenna still airs an hour of Barney Miller on Sunday night (at 10 pm now, it was 9 pm previously), but it is pre-empted in Cleveland by Big Chuck and Lil' John. I find it odd that they don't seem to be able to air Barney Miller on Sundays, but yet they were airing it on Thursdays.

Well, it looks like Barney Miller has disappeared from 8.2. Antenna replaced the 2 hour block of Barney Miller on Thursday night with Sanford & Son and All in the Family. Antenna still airs an hour of Barney Miller on Sunday night (at 10 pm now, it was 9 pm previously), but it is pre-empted in Cleveland by Big Chuck and Lil' John. I find it odd that they don't seem to be able to air Barney Miller on Sundays, but yet they were airing it on Thursdays.

Antenna TV now has a set line-up every night M-Th.

BC & LJ got moved from 8 p.m. because of Antenna TV's airings of "Bewitched". Since "Bewitched" airs very evening, it needs to air on Sunday as to not interrupt the order of episodes.

BC & LJ does very well for WJW both on 8.1 and 8.2, so there will always be a spot open for them. Just so happens "Barney Miller" is the odd man out. I highly doubt it's anti-Barney bias, merely the luck of the draw.

BC & LJ is the only show on 8.1 on Saturday mornings that actually has an audience for the station. Their drawing power shows how much their skits are loved in Cleveland.

I think when there's not a sporting event, WJW should schedule BC & LJ at 11:30 on Saturday nights against SNL. I think they could win the slot given how tiring SNL has become.

Does anyone know how 3, 5, 8 and 19 are doing in sweeps so far?

The fall 2014 television season is still 7 months away. The new shows for the fall are Meredith Vieira, The Real, The Social, Judge Faith Jenkins, Justice with Judge Mabalean, Hot Bench, Celebrity Name Game, as well as repeats of Mike and Molly, Cougar Town, Anger Management, Raising Hope and Hot in Cleveland. Weekend will see Blue Bloods and The Good Wife. So far the only on announced for sure is Celebrity Name Game for WKYC 3. I would imagine that they will keep Family Feud and pair it with Celebrity Name Game. I predict that Vieira will replace Katie at 3pm on 5, Hot Bench will replace The Test at 1pm on 8, Judge Faith Jenkins will air at 1pm replacing Judge Alex on 55, and The Real will air at 1pm on 43 replacing 2nd run of Maury. Cancelled for this fall are Bethanny, and Judge Alex. I also think that Hot in Cleveland and Raising Hope will air on 8 weeknights and Blue Bloods weekends on 8. Mike and Molly and Cougar Town will air on 55 with The Good Wife on Weekends for 55. I think that Anger Management will air weeknights on 43 probably paired in the same hour with 2 1/2 men. I also think that based on ratings The Test, and Arsenio will not return in the fall. Last fall's new shows Paternity Court and Queen Latifah already have been renewed to return as well as past shows Judge Judy, Rachael Ray, The Drs., Ellen, and Wendy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom