• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clear Channel

I was shocked to hear that Clear Channel is STILL doing the nationwide 1-866-###-#### contest on there stations. Our new Rhythmic here in ATL, "WiLD 105.7/96.7" started out with Usher giving away $1,000 every hour between 7am-7pm. Now, it's Nicki Minaj doing the same contest. I notice they never mention the winners btw(if any).

probably because it's a national contest. I guess they don't want to spend the time/ money to edit out any winner or DJs comment that would say where the winner actually is.

If people only knew how much their local station isn't local.

It is a national contest. Heard the same thing on 100.5 WKEE in Huntington. Although, they're not naming an artist. I think WiLD is just naming an artist to make it sound more official.

In toledo when clear Channel owned 92.5 KISS FM ran a promo like that the rival at the time Tower 98 ran a parody of the promo saying you had no chance of winning. Because you had to compete with 5 million listeners for the same prize.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom