• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clear Channel and the Fan new rumors

F

flyonthewall81

First off, yes I started a new name. I couldn't post under my normal one without a few of you realizing who I work for.
I just got home from a pretty interesting trip to NYC where I had lunch with a friend who had a few choice rumors he shared.

1. The CC bosses (one in particular) aren't happy with Dallas. This one is telling anyone and everyone that things are bad in the cluster. He says (the friend not the boss) that it looks as though someone in upper management is going to go soon. Really soon.

2. From a totally different source I hear The Fan is safe from a flip for at least a year. Money is working in their advantage right now so no matter how bad they do, they are safe.

Just what I hear, take it as you will.
These come from good sources though and I believe both.

flyonthewall81 said:
First off, yes I started a new name. I couldn't post under my normal one without a few of you realizing who I work for.
I just got home from a pretty interesting trip to NYC where I had lunch with a friend who had a few choice rumors he shared.

1. The CC bosses (one in particular) aren't happy with Dallas. This one is telling anyone and everyone that things are bad in the cluster. He says (the friend not the boss) that it looks as though someone in upper management is going to go soon. Really soon.

2. From a totally different source I hear The Fan is safe from a flip for at least a year. Money is working in their advantage right now so no matter how bad they do, they are safe.

Are you talking about The Edge??

flyonthewall81 said:

The second part is not surprising. I've read in other posts that KRLD is still one of the highest billing sports talkers. Not to mention, where do they move the Cowboys if they were to flip?
The first part is pretty shocking. CC Dallas has three of the top six stations, 6+. I wouldn't be happy with the drop in ratings for The Edge and the overall impotence of Eagle, but I'm surprised they find things are bad in the cluster. Does anyone know how the cluster is billing?

I have been one of those thinking that thier was going to be major changes at The Fan. Especially with the network partnership with Cumulus. It's March and no movement so I guess I stand corrected :-\. Regarding CC, that is interesting cause they are arguably the top cluster in the market. Maybe it has to do with their sales.

I am betting the problems with Dallas cluster have to do with the edge having all of it staff gutted and the station losing popularity possibly. I am betting the letting go of good staff might have ticked off someone at the top?

Yep I am betting this is the major malfunction at clear channel dallas! They have let go of all but two of the staff at the edge that they had before december 1st. Looks like someone is fixing to get fired for letting go an entire stations staff? Bobby is now gone from the edge someone is for gone at the top in Dallas and it is likely a edge problem I am betting the boss has been treating the personnel bad as it seems each month we are losing DJs at the edge and I am betting the boss is the problem.

kevin120 said:
I am betting the problems with Dallas cluster have to do with the edge having all of it staff gutted and the station losing popularity possibly. I am betting the letting go of good staff might have ticked off someone at the top?

Yep I am betting this is the major malfunction at clear channel dallas! They have let go of all but two of the staff at the edge that they had before december 1st. Looks like someone is fixing to get fired for letting go an entire stations staff? Bobby is now gone from the edge someone is for gone at the top in Dallas and it is likely a edge problem I am betting the boss has been treating the personnel bad as it seems each month we are losing DJs at the edge and I am betting the boss is the problem.

I think you're pretty far off. Usually corps. don't get mad at GM's for making cuts. Probably just upset that the ratings and revenue aren't working in their favor. Don't think your axe to grind has anything to do with it. Actually, this is all hearsay anyhow, and I know atleast one of the OP's original points to have plenty of holes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom