• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic Alternative on Soft AC

I found this an interesting approach for Soft ACs to introduce some Classic Alternative elements into their playlist since the beginning of this decade (since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic) along with the Classic Rock/New Wave elements they had been adding to their playlists between the end of the last decade and the beginning of this decade (right before the pandemic and throughout the pandemic). This is beneficial for their younger end of the Soft AC format. I also believe this is a trend being passed on from Classic Hits.

I had noticed "Enjoy the Silence" being played on WFEZ since 2021. I can't remember, but I think it has been played on WGVX as well. "Lovesong" by The Cure played on WDUV recently. "Come Undone" by Duran Duran played on WFEZ since 2021 and recently on WDUV. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes played on WJPT since last year.

Last edited:
I also just remembered "Losing my Religion" has been played on WFEZ since 2020 and WGVX plays "Friday I'm in Love".

I personally believe Classic Alternative test well on Soft AC.

Also, pardon me. I for some reason think "Owner of a Lonely Heart" as a Classic Alternative. It's more of a Progressive Rock and it used to be aired on Mainstream AC KMGL a lot during their "Amazing 80s Weekend" back in the 2000s.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom