• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic 93.1 All Christmas...Already

travisl5678 said:
Could this mean a new years format change?

Not likely. They went 24/7 holiday last year, just not so early in November. There was speculation they would flip then, but the classic hits returned Dec. 26th.

It would be interesting to know how well the stations bills, compared to the rest of the cluster. It has to be a pretty cheap format to run.

Hopefully I can keep my wife from finding out for a while. Every year I get very sick of Xmas music very quickly. I can handle a little a week (or 2 tops) before Xmas of SOME holiday tuneage, but that's it.

To keep things PC, maybe stations should play rousing marching band music in the month before July 4th, and oompa music and polkas thruout October for Oktoberfest! ;)

I am not a big fan of flipping stations to all XMAS music.For a station like 93.1 they could just sprinkle XMAS songs into the playlist since a lot of the artists they play all did XMAS songs.

John Walker said:
Hopefully I can keep my wife from finding out for a while. Every year I get very sick of Xmas music very quickly. I can handle a little a week (or 2 tops) before Xmas of SOME holiday tuneage, but that's it.

To keep things PC, maybe stations should play rousing marching band music in the month before July 4th, and oompa music and polkas thruout October for Oktoberfest! ;)

Again, be careful what you ask for! :eek:

I don't get it either. Why destroy any music format with full time Christmas music? It's not the music I dislike, it's the reason I tune to stations: Mix96's Saturday at the 70's, entertaining talent, etc. After all, I'm sure most businesses use satellite radio, or some other music service, for Christmas music in their store.

travisl5678 said:
Sounds like Oldies 102.1 in Chico has gone Cristmas music already, does Mix 95.1 do Cristmas music?
Answering my own question, Mix 95.1 has also gone Cristmas, whats interesting is that Oldies 102.1 has actully rebranded as Cristmas 102.1 for the holidays, so what about Redding, will K-Shasta go All-Cristmas soon?

travisl5678 said:
travisl5678 said:
Sounds like Oldies 102.1 in Chico has gone Cristmas music already, does Mix 95.1 do Cristmas music?
Answering my own question, Mix 95.1 has also gone Cristmas, whats interesting is that Oldies 102.1 has actully rebranded as Cristmas 102.1 for the holidays, so what about Redding, will K-Shasta go All-Cristmas soon?
And I doubt that Results will flip 102.1's Sacramento Sister Station, KCCL-Khits 92.1 to All Christmas. They can pick up many of Classic 93.1's audience who is not satisfied with All Christmas Music.

Well Oldies 102.1 (Excuse me, Chirstmas 102.1) Dominates the market in Chico, and is always in the top three of the Arbs. On the other hand K-Hits would be extremly lucky if they could get over a 1.5 share, so not a chance that K-Hits will go Christmas

Also here's the new "Christmas 102.1" Website: http://www.chicooldies.com/blank.php

I've been listening to Classic 93.1, and while I enjoy the fact that it's all Christmas music, I cannot stand the self-promotion that comes on practically after every song. It happens so much that my 4 year old son knows that the current station slogan is "nothing is more classic than Christmas." Either I'm listening too much or they're playing it too much.

Classic 93.1 All Christmas... How Early Will It Switch?

Last year, KHLX switched to All Christmas on November 12. That date is about a week away. I wonder if KHLX will switch around that time or wait later?

93.1 after Christmas?

And when they switch, will they become a "KFBK-FM" on December 26? With KOGO in San Diego simulcasting on their FM, it makes me wonder if CC will do the same thing up here?

travisl5678 said:

Yes, Mix 95.1 has been doing that for at least the past 10 years, before it was mainstream. :)

stewie said:
travisl5678 said:

Yes, Mix 95.1 has been doing that for at least the past 10 years, before it was mainstream. :)
And I remember when then KUYL-1280 Stockton switched from News/Talk to All Christmas on November 5, 1999 and stunted until December 26, when they switched to 60's/70's Classic Hits as "Kool 1280". That lasted for a year and a half. And since then, AM 1280 has been back to News/Talk 3 times, Religious Talk & Teachings 1 time, Spanish AC 1 time & Active Rock 1 time. It is currently News/Talk again.

John Walker said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Nooooooooooooooooo! ;) I work with a guy that actually likes Christmas music. He is probably playing it in his truck as I type this. ::)

And I was right! Today, KHLX-Classic 93.1 has switched to All Christmas Music sometime today!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom