• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chuck Wilson's Sucessor May be on Tonight

EDavis

Inactive
Inactive User
Tonight Tony Kurre is hosting Gamenight with Doug Gottlieb on ESPN Radio. I've heard that this is a live audition for the permanent gig which will begin on August 1st.

> Tonight Tony Kurre is hosting Gamenight with Doug Gottlieb
> on ESPN Radio. I've heard that this is a live audition for
> the permanent gig which will begin on August 1st.
>

Sad..another low paid nobody takes the place of the last remaining original ESPN host. ESPN has people lined up willing to work for nothing and as long as that exists, good talent will go elsewhere rather than work for nothing and hawk the brand name nonsense ESPN brainwashes all to believe.

If that is the case

ESPN Radio is making a HUGE mistake!
That guy was like a wise cracking mouse in the studio.
I want someone who could carry the shift by themselves.
That guy was weak at best, just laughing at his own jokes.

Where is Chuck going from here?

Where will Chuck end up? Is there any word where Chuck will go if he has landed a deal with someone else?

Re: Where is Chuck going from here?

Not sure, perhaps local if anything. I don't see him as a fit at Fox Sports Radio or SNR where the shows rely on calls not interviews. Chuck is an excellent talent, I miss his legends segments and I hope he finds an outlet that lets Chuck be Chuck. Chuck was excellent when he was with Chris Moore and Tony Bruno and I hope a good station gives him the chance he deserves. It's a shame that ESPN doesn't know talent when they see it

Yea look at that roster, the only ones I like are Bob Valvano and Gottlieb.

> Yea look at that roster, the only ones I like are Bob
> Valvano and Gottlieb.
<font color=green> Well it appears that a certain era is now gone forever on ESPN. It's clear they want to be a Radio-Disney version of sports talk that is age-group dominated in approach and feel. If I wanted this stuff I'd listen to Fox (which I don't). Hopefully Chuck will land in the Boston market where a big-time FM station flip to sports, seems like a natural. We shall see. </font>

Sure ain't what it used to be...

> > Yea look at that roster, the only ones I like are Bob
> > Valvano and Gottlieb.
> Well it appears that a certain era is now gone forever on
> ESPN. It's clear they want to be a Radio-Disney version of
> sports talk that is age-group dominated in approach and
> feel. If I wanted this stuff I'd listen to Fox (which I
> don't). Hopefully Chuck will land in the Boston market where
> a big-time FM station flip to sports, seems like a natural.
> We shall see.
>

To see the decline of ESPN Radio over the past few years has been disheartening.
I've always thought that they were the most informative of the three networks.
I have to admit that I'm rapidly losing my faith in sports talk radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom