• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

christmas music on dallas radio KLUV and KDGE

christmas music is now playing on KLUV and KDGE, a little early for my taste, surprised no one posted it on here already well here it is.

i wonder if they are both doing this cause The Russ Martin Show on 97.1 The Eagle "Played" Christmas Music first in this market a few days ago (actually they were playing the songs but had the audio muted to where we didn't hear the songs, but the the RDS in cars that have them and the display that shows the songs name/album info on iHeartRadio said they played Christmas songs) and they are kinda upset that the RMS did it. and this isn't the first time the Russ Martin show has done this too, they did it the last couple of years.

i wonder if they are both doing this cause The Russ Martin Show on 97.1 The Eagle "Played" Christmas Music first in this market a few days ago (actually they were playing the songs but had the audio muted to where we didn't hear the songs, but the the RDS in cars that have them and the display that shows the songs name/album info on iHeartRadio said they played Christmas songs) and they are kinda upset that the RMS did it. and this isn't the first time the Russ Martin show has done this too, they did it the last couple of years.

I was gonna make the joke that whenever Russ Martin does something unusual in radio, a station will flip (i.e. him doing the morning drive on the old Wild 100.3 before it became Jack FM back in 2004).

Heard about stations all over the country already going all-Christmas after Halloween from a national story on a local newscast. The story felt incredulous since it was still too far from Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago and nobody in Houston has switched yet.

The usual all-Christmas station here in Houston, KODA, hasn't switched yet. They usually make the switch on Thanksgiving evening and switch back to the usual format at noon on Christmas Day. I think iHeart will follow their usual habits in the Houston market this year now that Thanksgiving is ever coming closer (on next Thursday).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom