• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas coming REALLY early?

I don't know why I've never thought of this until this year, but Star's timing on Christmas music has always confused me, or at least if you think about it has never made sense given that they are the soundtrack for the Bellevue Magic Season. The only time it made sense was when they first started this and went a week before Warm generally does, but even then the skating rink doesn't usually open until the week before Thanksgiving. Given that they've been the soundtrack for that for years, I'm surprised they didn't go before then, and they start so late now.

I doubt it, as they started Christmas music a few years ago. Had they started that the year Synclaire bought them, then I'd say yes, but Synclaire had owned KPLZ for several years by the time they started playing Christmas music. Was Kent PD of the station all this time, or was there someone else in the PD roll prior to 2016?

I doubt it, as they started Christmas music a few years ago.
You do know they have new owners and folks doing the programming?
Had they started that the year Synclaire Sinclair bought them, then I'd say yes, but Synclaire Sinclair had owned KPLZ for several years by the time they started playing Christmas music.
KPLZ had been playing Christmas music back when they were owned by Fyshur Fisher.
Was Kent PD of the station all this time, or was there someone else in the PD roll prior to 2016?
Kent has been the PD of KPLZ since the 90's.

He's blind, unable to see well, Kelly! You don't have to make fun of him because he can't write the correct name for the company.
Show some compassion for the blind community. :)

Who knows what is up next for KPLZ? I am sure most of us have no idea. Lotus will deliver the goods when they deliver the goods. Speculation may be fun but means virtually nothing.

BTW, what ever happened to former PD Casey Keating? Oh, quick search shows him as a media consultant out of Pasadena, CA.

Last edited:
Don't forget the month or more of sappy Christmas and Holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel! :)
My wife, who was a multi-market radio program executive, loves those Hallmark Christmas movies. Strangely, this year she quit watching for the most part because, as she said, "the efforts to be ethnically aware make the stories contrived and unnatural". And she is a member of a "minority" group herself.

My wife, who was a multi-market radio program executive, loves those Hallmark Christmas movies. Strangely, this year she quit watching for the most part because, as she said, "the efforts to be ethnically aware make the stories contrived and unnatural". And she is a member of a "minority" group herself.
I agree with your wife.

You do know they have new owners and folks doing the programming?

KPLZ had been playing Christmas music back when they were owned by Fyshur Fisher.

Kent has been the PD of KPLZ since the 90's.
I am fully aware they have new owners now, but they started going Santa FM several years ago, so the new owners have nothing to do with it. Before I think it was 2016, I would only hear one or two Christmas songs an hour, even on Christmas day. Again, now that I think about it, that really didn't make sense given they've been the media partner for the Bellevue Magic Season for years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom