• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chill channel coming to XM

smoothjazz

Inactive
Inactive User
(I guess this applies here) Chill music is coming to XM starting Wednesday (March 1) with the addition of "The Chill" XM 84. Here's a link on the XMFan board and it sounds like they've also been running promos for it on a couple of their dance channels. Terrific news, this is the one thing IMO XM has been lacking. I may never leave satellite radio now, LOL.

I wonder whether they'll take a straight Chill/Dance approach like Blu 102 and Sirius' Chill channel or maybe a little Smooth leaning like CD 101.9 tried to do. I'll be happy with either style. <P ID="signature">______________
Nick Langan
WNJL.com Radio
</P>

> (I guess this applies here) Chill music is coming to XM
> starting Wednesday (March 1) with the addition of "The
> Chill" XM 84. Here's a link on the XMFan board and it
> sounds like they've also been running promos for it on a
> couple of their dance channels. Terrific news, this is the
> one thing IMO XM has been lacking. I may never leave
> satellite radio now, LOL.
>
> I wonder whether they'll take a straight Chill/Dance
> approach like Blu 102 and Sirius' Chill channel or maybe a
> little Smooth leaning like CD 101.9 tried to do. I'll be
> happy with either style.
>
Bye Bye Terrestrial radio !!! Watercolors and now Chill, preset one, preset two!

Nock

That's terrific news! Have been waiting for Chill Channel for a long time on XM. Previously my adult son and I would listen to Blu 102.9 from New Mexico for the chill. A really good channel in it's own right and now have another reason to enjoy XM. Chill out!

Up and running

XM Chill is up and running (as of 12 AM ET). Sounds like everything I had hoped so far, a couple jazzy leaning chill tracks mixed in. <P ID="signature">______________
Nick Langan
WNJL.com Radio
</P>

Re: Up and running

> XM Chill is up and running (as of 12 AM ET). Sounds like
> everything I had hoped so far, a couple jazzy leaning chill
> tracks mixed in.
>
Almost 2 weeks into the new channel and XM is losing me on the Chill. (I get Chill) They are missing a lot of great music. The channel is lifeless.

Nock

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom