• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cherry Creek shuts down KROP after Q96 move.

And it says that Q96 is for sale. Wonder how much they want for the station? I can offer the change under my couch cushions.

The station was sold, Driskill said, because without an FM station in the same market it "doesn’t make sense from a competitive standpoint" to continue running the AM station.

Follow the amazing logic in that: we moved the FM station, which, in effect, killed the AM station. And now the FM is for sale. Who saw that coming!

Sometimes I think that the slick idiots running radio stations should go back to selling used cars or term life insurance, and let people who love radio run radio stations...

philosofy said:
And it says that Q96 is for sale. Wonder how much they want for the station? I can offer the change under my couch cushions.

Of course it's for sale, and it's worth is about your couch change. The only reason there ever was to move it into the San Diego market was to sell it. The next question is who the hell would want it? And where the hell is Boulevard?

RadeoEngineer said:
philosofy said:

Of course it's for sale, and it's worth is about your couch change. The only reason there ever was to move it into the San Diego market was to sell it. The next question is who the hell would want it? And where the hell is Boulevard?

If I was rich enough to buy a radio station I wouldn't buy that one! That was pretty stupid of Cherry Creek to move the station just to sell it. It's like getting millions of dollars and getting rid of it!

RadeoEngineer said:
philosofy said:

I hear Jerry St. James is in the market for a station...

From an earlier story about moving Q96.

For 25 years, the station has been a ratings and revenue leader, said Station Manager Tony Driskill. While in Imperial County the station is worth $5 million, but by moving it to San Diego, the price goes up to $25 to $40 million.

its definitely not worth $25 million these days. I don't think they can get $10 million these days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom