• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cheney On CNN

W

weee

Well, first I'm shocked to hell that Cheney will appear on CNN.....

Second, could he be any more pathetic at his blatant unhappiness about having a gay child?

Here's a snippit from the interview and even the right have to admit the questions Blitzer asked were in no way out of line (the extreme righties will say they are, well...because it's CNN)

http://www.queerty.com/queer/news/dickie-not-pleased-with-wolfie-over-mary-questions-20070124.php

WB: Your daughter Mary, she's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby. You're going to have another grandchild. Some of the - some critics, though, are suggesting, for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family:

Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child.

Do you want to respond to that?

DC: No, I don't.

WB: She's obviously a good daughter -

DC: I'm delighted - I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf, and obviously think the world of both of my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.

____

He is so uneasy with the topic that he can't even say "That group has no business deciding what my daughter does in her life"

Oh, he can't say that, because he follows their beliefs.

The question was not out of line.

When one agrees to appear in a setting like this one should accept that anything might be asked.

DC's first reply was also not out of line.

Where DC went wrong was in responding to the WB comment that followed. He might legitimately have said something like: "What part of 'no' do you find incomprehensible?"

Though any question might be asked, in a "show" setting it's equally true that no question needs to be answered.

Johnny, was that a typo? Did you mean 3 inch bush?

It is totally revolting that the dishonest and disingenuos Cheney, who put Scotter or is it Scooter out to dry instead of Rove, would be so distant regarding his own flesh and blood. What a hateful, self-loathing man.

Grandaddy's Gone A Hunting. If you're gay, don't go hunting with him.

JM, prove to me ANYWHERE he has stated he for equal rights concerning his daughter. Or show me ANYWHERE he is for his daughter marrying the woman she loves, then I will re-tract that statement. Until then, the broad brush painting remains.

It just angers me. I don't have kids, but I just can't understand for the life of me how a parent, after hearing derogatory statements made by some group towards your own child and you are asked to comment on it, how in hell couldn't someone come out fighting for their child?

I told a story a few months back about a friends wedding I attended and how my friends mother welcomed her new daughter in law with a big hug after in the beginning not being in favor of the wedding. During the time even when she wasn't for the wedding, I guarantee you she would have fought back had anyone made negative comments about her child.

Cheney gutless. But what else do you expect from an illegal hunting drunk.

weee said:
It just angers me. I don't have kids, but I just can't understand for the life of me how a parent, after hearing derogatory statements made by some group towards your own child and you are asked to comment on it, how in hell couldn't someone come out fighting for their child?

Because hippocrites like you will then point, laugh and mock him even more. You, and the rest of the no-question-is-below-the-belt media are just trying to get Cheney to lose it just once on camera, so they taunt him, delve into his personal life, mock his wife, try and use his kids' lifestyles against him; ANYTHING to GET CHENEY.

The media tried to do the same thing with Ron and Maureen Reagen too, and failed. I'm sure Cheney would just love to punch out all the smug bast**** at CNN, but to do so would be to let all of the people who want to see the man destroyed completely succeed. People like you and Var. The same people who will suddenly find great respect for Presidents and VP's in '08 if a Democrat wins and will demand that all people respect the executive offices, forgetting all about how they've spit on the White House for 8 years by then.

It angers me, too. And I have kids. Got one in college who is getting low grades because he's conservative and dares to show it. your liberal double-standard is atrocious: Show emotion to defend your kids: [EDIT]. Contain your emotion when other people try and drive wedges between you and your kids: [EDIT]. I just hope one day someone will make you choose between those paths for your kids, and you might just experience the living hell that you and the media are putting the whole Cheney family through.

[EDIT-inflammatory]

tenacea73 said:
weee said:

Because hippocrites like you will then point, laugh and mock him even more. You, and the rest of the no-question-is-below-the-belt media are just trying to get Cheney to lose it just once on camera, so they taunt him, delve into his personal life, mock his wife, try and use his kids' lifestyles against him; ANYTHING to GET CHENEY.

The media tried to do the same thing with Ron and Maureen Reagen too, and failed. I'm sure Cheney would just love to punch out all the smug bast**** at CNN, but to do so would be to let all of the people who want to see the man destroyed completely succeed. People like you and Var. The same people who will suddenly find great respect for Presidents and VP's in '08 if a Democrat wins and will demand that all people respect the executive offices, forgetting all about how they've spit on the White House for 8 years by then.

It angers me, too. And I have kids. Got one in college who is getting low grades because he's conservative and dares to show it. your liberal double-standard is atrocious: Show emotion to defend your kids: [EDIT]. Contain your emotion when other people try and drive wedges between you and your kids: [EDIT] I just hope one day someone will make you choose between those paths for your kids, and you might just experience the living hell that you and the media are putting the whole Cheney family through.

[EDIT-inflammatory]

Just because Wolf Blitzer tosses a few fastballs rather than a FAUX News softball right over the plate doesn't mean that Cheney was dissed. Of course, in your mind, "tough questions" might seem like a good "dissin'". :D

You'll recall that your loveable ol' Dick Cheney once called a NY Times reporter a "real a**hole" in an open-mike conversation with your equally beloved Dubya. Cheney also once told Senator Leahy (D-VT) to "go f*ck yourself" right on the floor of the US Senate. Cheney is not exactly "Tickle Me Elmo", now, is he? :eek:

If Cheney doesn't want to field tough questions from the press, he can (a) resign, (b) stop doing stuff that draws negative attention to himself, or, (c) continue to play the part of a whiner who goes on FAUX News to protest that he is being "abused by the Liberal press". Wah wah wah! :'(

Cheney is mocked because he is an odious, conniving, duplicitous and ethically-challenged imitation of a human being. As for his heart problems, I believe that the problem is that he HAS no heart. ;) Just my opinion...something to which only Republicans think they're entitled.

AnaHadWolves said:
If Cheney doesn't want to field tough questions from the press, he can (a) resign, (b) stop doing stuff that draws negative attention to himself, or, (c) continue to play the part of a whiner who goes on FAUX News to protest that he is being "abused by the Liberal press". Wah wah wah! :'(

Better yet, Cheney can just tell Blitzer that he isn't going to respond... just as he did tell him. There! Easy solution!

Cheney is mocked because he is an odious, conniving, duplicitous and ethically-challenged imitation of a human being. As for his heart problems, I believe that the problem is that he HAS no heart. ;) Just my opinion...something to which only Republicans think they're entitled.

Cheney donated over $8 million to charity last year. How much did Kerry or the Clintons donate? And just calling him names really doesn't support your argument. I hope you know that.

prove to me ANYWHERE he has stated he for equal rights concerning his daughter. Or show me ANYWHERE he is for his daughter marrying the woman she loves, then I will re-tract that statement.

Gladly, viz.:

Q: You said four years ago at this very setting: "Freedom means freedom for everybody." You said it again recently when you were asked about legalizing same-sex unions. And you used your family's experience as a context for your remarks. Can you describe then your administration's support for a constitutional ban on same-sex unions?

A: That's a separate question from the issue of whether or not government should sanction or approve or give some sort of authorization, if you will, to these relationships Traditionally, that's been an issue for the states. States have regulated marriage, if you will. That would be my preference. In effect, what's happened is that in recent months, especially in Massachusetts, but also in California, but in Massachusetts we had the Massachusetts Supreme Court direct the legislature of Massachusetts to modify their constitution to allow gay marriage. Bush felt that it was important to make it clear that that's the wrong way to go, as far as he's concerned.

Source: Edwards-Cheney debate: 2004 Vice Presidential Oct 5, 2004

Vice President Dick Cheney, whose daughter Mary is a lesbian, distanced himself from President Bush's call for a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage "Lynne and I have a gay daughter, so it's an issue our family is very familiar with," Cheney told an audience that included his daughter. "With the respect to the question of relationships, my general view is freedom means freedom for everyone. People ought to be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to. "The question that comes up with the issue of marriage is what kind of official sanction or approval is going to be granted by government? Historically, that's been a relationship that has been handled by the states. The states have made that fundamental decision of what constitutes a marriage," he said.
Bush backs a constitutional amendment prohibiting gay marriage. Cheney commented: "My own preference is as I've stated, but the president makes policy for the administration."

Source: Todd Dvorak, Associated Press Writer in SF Chronicle Aug 24, 2004

"People should be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to enter into. It's really no one else's business, in terms of trying to regulate or prohibit behavior in that regard. I think different states are likely to come to different conclusions, and that's appropriate. I don't think there should necessarily be a federal policy in this area. I think we ought to do everything we can to tolerate and accommodate whatever kind of relationships people want to enter into."

Source: CNN.com quoting the Vice President Feb 26, 2004

I await your retraction.

Nope, sorry, still not retracting. Mary Cheney being allowed to stand with her father during the RNC trumps his BS statement of equality. When he supports NATIONAL acceptance of same sex marriage in all 50 states, maybe, just maybe I'll change his mind.

And BTW, his statement shows he loves his daughter, but not supporting her in her lifestyle. He is still NOT FOR EQUAL MARRIAGE.

The fantastic comedienne Margaret Cho once said:

If you are against same sex marriage, but laugh your *ss off at Will & Grace, F*** YOU! You are a hypocrite and you are not allowd to pick and choose what you like from our culture and leave behind the burden of inequality.

any holdover from the Nixon administration should have been barred from participating in the process.

The twisted Cheney family is probaly pro-gay but not courageous enough to announce it to the Religious Wrong.

Mommy Dearest Cheney has that lesbian drama book out, Dick shoots a man in the face for not accepting his advances...

weee said:
Nope, sorry, still not retracting. Mary Cheney being allowed to stand with her father during the RNC trumps his BS statement of equality.

My mistake, this should say "Mary Cheney not being allowed to stand with her father during....."

I kinda figured weee would "weee-asel" out of this one. Confronted with the EXACT statements he wanted, he decided to move the goal posts. Typical.

When he supports NATIONAL acceptance of same sex marriage in all 50 states, maybe, just maybe I'll change his mind.

So, which is it? Is gay marriage a state concern, or is it national? Your homosexual-supporting brethren (and sororital mates) have said that this is a state-rights issue. Now you WANT the federal government involved?

Interesting way to change the playing field mid-pass.

I'm done dealing with this crap. If you want to play a game of Calvinball, do it with yourself. I'm much too important and mature for your silliness.

UM...Johnny, it's your government that decided to make it an issue that needed to the involvment of politicians (gee, if they only followed that pesky seperation of church and state rule)

And it's YOUR government that wanted to change a document that as of now says nothing that gays can't get married. It's YOUR government that wanted to change it so it specifically discriminates against a group of people.

First, Moderator2, there was nothing inflammatory about calling weee out for unilaterally moving the goalposts of the debate because he didn't like the responsive answers he got. Please replace that comment forthwith. Its removal was quite improper.

Second, what's all of this "your government" crap? It's the government--unless YOU, sir, are a law-breaking anarchist. It's the government, which includes everyone elected to office, of both parties. We don't get to pick and choose whether to abide by the government simply because of whose party was elected.

Now, substantively, marriage has ALWAYS needed the involvement of politicians. It is not simply a church-state issue, since, as we have gone through before, marriage is not just a religious ceremony. Statutes in every state recognize marriages of different forms.

Secondly, the government (I assume you mean federal) has not changed any document. The only federal government provision dealing with gay marriage is the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)--a federal law, passed by both parties, and signed by Bill Clinton in 1996. It is a statute, not a constitutional amendment.

Third, the people who HAVE changed a document are judges in Hawaii, Vermont, Massachusetts, and New Jersey who have decided that their state constitutions require the recognition of gay marriage. That's fine--it's shoddy legal reasoning, but fine. It is a state issue. What DOMA and the (widely reviled--including by me on this very board, should you bother to pay attention to what I write instead of what you *think* I believe) federal marriage amendment would do is not require OTHER STATES to recognize gay marraiges performed elsewhere, which they would be required to do under the privileges and immunities and full faith and credit clauses of Article IV of the US Constitution.

Neither of those laws or amendments would BAN gay marriage nationally, nor would it discriminate against anyone--instead, it would do what the gay lobby has been crying: it would uphold states' rights by permitting each state to recognize gay marriages on their own terms, not as a back-door (excuse the pun) dictate from another state through the Art. IV comity provisions.

It's important to understand these things and not spout lobbyists and activists talking points on matters of law and policy.

More proof that he is a clueless right wing extremist. Avoid the question, but attack the messenger. Wolf states that some Republicans "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

And in true right wing fashion states ""Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash."

Then goes on to say the administration is moving forward with their plan to send thousands more soldiers to their deaths.

If there is an issue or a question regarding moderation, the topic boards are not the proper place to address the concern. It derails the discussion at hand and has nothing to do with the topic.

We have measures in place that allow users to discuss individual moderation actions. These issues are addressed by contacting our board administration staff at the following:

http://www.radio-info.com/contact_us.php

AnaHadWolves said:
Just because Wolf Blitzer tosses a few fastballs rather than a FAUX News softball right over the plate doesn't mean that Cheney was dissed. Of course, in your mind, "tough questions" might seem like a good "dissin'". :D

That might have been true if this had been the first time the subject about Mary Cheney had been breached. I wasn't by a long shot. Blitzer has been told to refrain from irelevant personal family questions before by both the VP and Lynne Cheney in separate interviews. In addition, a great majority of the public feel that Blitzer is out of bounds with continuing to ask questions about Mary. Every poll I've seen (3 so far) confirm this.

What's Blitzer's reason for being so curious about lesbian lifestyles? Maybe someone should ask Blitzer if his own teenage daughter, Elana, is considering lesbianism and having a baby the way Mary Cheney intends to. From Bar Mitzvah to Gay Bars, perhaps. If Blitzer protests, expand the "tough questions" to include instrusive inquiries about his wife as well. If little Wolfie wants to be be nosey, give him a bitter taste of his own medicine. A good reporter should be able to take it as well as dish it out. You libs had a freaking cow when Mike Wallace played hardball with Clinton and Clinton responded with his classic faux indignation and shaking finger. The next time Blitzer crosses the line about Mary Cheney, someone needs to do a Jim Everett on him - it would give new meaning to "The Situation Room"

tenacea73 said:
Blitzer has been told to refrain from irelevant personal family questions before by both the VP and Lynne Cheney in separate interviews.

Some possibilities in this:

1. Declining memory is often the first sign of........

2. Perhaps declining hearing? Of course some reckon that to be a sign of drug abuse.

You libs had a freaking cow when Mike Wallace played hardball with Clinton and Clinton responded with his classic faux indignation and shaking finger.

It was Chris Wallace. Mike Wallace (Chris' father) probably would have made out with Clinton, one big happy leftist neo-hippie lovefest.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom