• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cheap/easy/simulcast ideas

A

AEL

I am trying to help a small station group with an easy way (if there is one) to do this with little $. They have three automation systems. They want to go live but trigger breaks or music all at once on all three stations. The show's host would be the only common thing. Granted exact timing will be an issue, but before they can address it, they need to trigger 3 PCs at once. With two they could hit the assigned key on both keyboards (one with each hand). Factor the third in and well not enough hands. These are common PCs with no relay cards or special cards built in. Ideas? ??? Thanks

There may be a way to wire triggers to the parallel port. I know StationPlaylist will accept contact closures that way. It all depends on what the automation software can handle. Most systems are compatible with relay cards.

If your using Broadcast Tools switchers, they can output relay closures. I do a simulcast that way. We put an "output closure" programmed at the beginning of each spot block on the master computer, and that feeds directly into an "input closure" on the slave computer.

Depending on the automation system, you could program a hot key to send an "output closure" to trigger all 3 computers at once.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom