• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes in Lima radio...

blvd_pbj

Inactive
Inactive User
So, after reading the FCC website, I have to ask the question...

What is the general feeling from people over the soon-to-be format flip over at 940 when they go oldies and make it WCIT again?

Same goes for 940 ESPN as they will drop their ESPN slogan from the banner in the midst of all of this, and move the sports format to 93.1...

Also, with Froggy moving to 92.1 and becoming "The Frog", how well does everyone think it's going to do with some extra wattage?

Just curious...

Sounds as if "Star 92.1" wasn't all is was hyped up to be...and it was indeed hype.

All their websites and Wiki articles remain unchanged.

Wish I'd get a little bit credit for suggesting a return to the WCIT calls and as "940 Oldies" if this takes place.(right Maverick?) ...and if it does,please throw in some classic soul from the 60s and 70s for the 940 JAMZ listeners as well.

Only thing is..WCIT's call letters is still being used at a gospel FM in Trout Run,NY ...a repeater of Family Life Network's WCIK-FM in Bath,NY

http://www.fln.org

WLSR is now an active rock format FM in Galesburg,IL

http://www.thelaseronline.com

Wow, that will be a change! Star 93? Froggy 92? I noticed tweaks in playlists on Star and Wild. Star does sound more AC and Wild better change it name from Wild to Kiss or Mild 93.9? LOL

I heard that 92.1 is going classic hits, however if you listen to Froggy they are simulcasting on 92.1 and 93.1 which either means they really believe in the power of the Frog or its moving down the dial.

Wonder what will land on 93.1, they are the same power and the same height? Maybe Lite Rock 93.1 or 93.1 The Eagle?

The frog jumps down to 92. Sports to 93 and oldies on the AM.
Ribbit

Yeah, I had the chance to hear the transition and how they switched from "STAR 92.1" to "92.1 THE FROG"...

...and all I have to say is...WOW, I almost felt embarrassed to even be in the same market with something that sounded that terrible!

I ran tape on it, so I'll have to see if I can post it up on my MySpace page (or for those of you who have the link, my Facebook page), but it's the "WORST" transition to a new format I have ever heard EVER.

(...for those of you who had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing it live, you know what I'm talking about)

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Be back soon...

blvd_pbj said:
Yeah, I had the chance to hear the transition and how they switched from "STAR 92.1" to "92.1 THE FROG"...

...and all I have to say is...WOW, I almost felt embarrassed to even be in the same market with something that sounded that terrible!

I ran tape on it, so I'll have to see if I can post it up on my MySpace page (or for those of you who have the link, my Facebook page), but it's the "WORST" transition to a new format I have ever heard EVER.

(...for those of you who had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing it live, you know what I'm talking about)

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Be back soon...

That bad? Can't wait to hear that! Please share the link when it's ready!

Will do!

I have some things I'm wrapping up this week (and maybe into the weekend depending on if I don't get it finished by the end of the day on Friday), but once that's done, I'll get it up and online for people to hear! :)

I've had requests for it from other people who didn't hear it outside of this website, so it's coming now.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Worst transition to a new format I have ever heard. I'll leave it at that until I get it posted...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom