• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes for WTPA

Insider1

Inactive
Inactive User
From what I know on Feb 1st WTPA will be changing. Chris is gone and randy will move to mornings. Dave eddy will be afternoons and run the office and Tim michaels will be the new GM. There will be 5 people on the entire staff!! Don't think that's going to last long! :D

For the Record WTPA will continue to be the Rock of Central PA!
WTPA has a great heritage of being a rocker....That will not change.
WWSM will continue to program traditional Country music.
More than that all I can say is stay tuned!

Hey insider...Not going to argue with you.
My final comment on this thread is that I can assure you
that WTPA will be profitably run station, something it has not
been recently.
Pat and I saw an opportunity and we will make it work.

I'm not going to argue with you either but you say my information is flawed but don't discredit anything I said.

It is a shame he did all that hard work and that's what he gets. I'm sure he will pop up somewhere else!

Yes, It's also ashame the station was bleeding cash, but it won't be anymore!

With all do respect, I hope you can bring WTPA up from the ashes, saying that, if you don't do something about the weak signal, you can hire, fire anyone you want, put any format as you wish, but if you are not able to pick up the signal anywhere but in Lebanon, the station is doomed. Here in the Lancaster area, it is only audible west of the Salunga exit of 283, even there it is very spotty, York and Harrisburg, spotty at best.

WTPA signal is fine in the Greater Harrisburg area and it has
a decent audience level.
We look forward to improving it and making it the best
it can be. With streaming and mobile apps we will superserve
the WTPA audience with the programming they enjoy.

Tim, IMHO, you guys did the smart thing keeping WTPA rock. With 2 big Country signals, Bob and Z-Country heard everywhere, Red 102.3 heard loud and local in the West Shore-Harrisburg area, and WIOV booming into Hershey-Palmyra-Lebanon, still another Country FM would have been a real struggle for you. And while you and I both know Classic Country as a great local-market direct sale format, its a bit of a demographic challenge when you get to the regional buy/agency buy level. This will give you the best of 2 different worlds. And, glad to see you've hired Dave Eddy. He's a multi-talented guy.

grandoleopry said:
Yes, It's also ashame the station was bleeding cash, but it won't be anymore!

Ain't that the truth. With Pat Garret running it, there won't be any cash to bleed.

Randy Rock Johnson is the only personality still on the website. Maybe "Insider1" knew what he was talking about

I also heard Davy Crockett from YCR will be the new morning guy on the 18th and randy will go back to afternoons.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom