• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

ABC is bringing a celebrity version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire with Jimmy Kimmel as host, and from what i see it is 8 episodes so it will be going on for the next 2 months as it airs weekly at 10:01 (eastern time) that will end for local ABC stations to do their local news casts. And with the cornavirus i wonder how many of these if any really had an adience, or is just going to be the audience of celebrities with everything shut down.

ABC is bringing a celebrity version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire with Jimmy Kimmel as host, and from what i see it is 8 episodes so it will be going on for the next 2 months as it airs weekly at 10:01 (eastern time) that will end for local ABC stations to do their local news casts. And with the cornavirus i wonder how many of these if any really had an adience, or is just going to be the audience of celebrities with everything shut down.

Not a syndicated program, so not necessarily the forum.

But no audiences, period. That's already been revealed. However, the crew acts as a sort of pseudo audience to generate some semblance of other human life in the studio.

And yeah, scheduled 10 pm shows end at 11 for local news/programming. Pretty much routine.

But no audiences, period. That's already been revealed. However, the crew acts as a sort of pseudo audience to generate some semblance of other human life in the studio.

And yeah, scheduled 10 pm shows end at 11 for local news/programming. Pretty much routine.

So? I am sure even if it is one network, but I would think it coil as syndication if more then 1 tv station are airing it, even if it is all under one company. And I see no audience so that means Jimmy Kimel he has to be the lifeline.

So? I am sure even if it is one network, but I would think it coil as syndication if more then 1 tv station are airing it, even if it is all under one company. And I see no audience so that means Jimmy Kimel he has to be the lifeline.

no it should have been posted under "National TV" as its being carried across the US on ABC. Syndicated programming is programs not on in prime time and could be on different networks depending on the market ;)

That's actually not what syndication means.

"Syndication" in the TV world refers to shows that are not distributed by a national network and can be bought by any TV station in a market-exclusive deal.

A syndicated show might run on a CBS station in one market, an independent in another and an NBC affiliate in yet another.

Syndicated shows can run in any daypart; the syndicator may specify required run times.

In general, there are three types of shows:
Network - Runs only on fully affiliated stations belonging to the network*
Syndicated - Sold independently and can be run by any station that makes a deal for the show.
Local - Created by the station for its own local broadcast. Newscasts on the local scene are examples. Might be run on repeaters of the local station, such as ones in mostly rural states or Puerto Rico.

*Networks can be like CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, Univision, etc., or be state networks or, special events or sports networks.

no it should have been posted under "National TV" as its being carried across the US on ABC. Syndicated programming is programs not on in prime time and could be on different networks depending on the market ;)

There are plenty of syndicated shows run in prime time and prime fringe. Jeopardy and Wheel are prime fringe examples, and all the non-local shows carried on non-network-affiliated local stations at night are syndicated.

And, of course, most of the non-self-produced shows on cable channels are syndicated.

What's confusing this conversation is the fact that there WAS a syndicated version of Millionaire, but it was canceled a year ago.

The syndicated version was syndicated by ABC, the network version was on ABC, and this revival is also networked on ABC,

What's confusing this conversation is the fact that there WAS a syndicated version of Millionaire, but it was canceled a year ago.

The syndicated version was syndicated by ABC, the network version was on ABC, and this revival is also networked on ABC,

And what i am seeing that this is only planned 8 episodes, so far 1 episode has aired so 7 episodes are left

"Syndication" in the TV world refers to shows that are not distributed by a national network and can be bought by any TV station in a market-exclusive deal.

A syndicated show might run on a CBS station in one market, an independent in another and an NBC affiliate in yet another.

Syndicated shows can run in any daypart; the syndicator may specify required run times.

In general, there are three types of shows:
Network - Runs only on fully affiliated stations belonging to the network*
Syndicated - Sold independently and can be run by any station that makes a deal for the show.
Local - Created by the station for its own local broadcast. Newscasts on the local scene are examples. Might be run on repeaters of the local station, such as ones in mostly rural states or Puerto Rico.

*Networks can be like CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, Univision, etc., or be state networks or, special events or sports networks.

YOu just don't like that I don't have the knowedgle liek you do when it comes to broadcast

Yeah and I saw the first episode, no audience but celeberits can bring a friend or family member so that they can help them through the first 10 questions. Like Will Forte had his dad behindm when it was his turn to play. I am forgetting his name at the moment, that was on Modern Family that aired the series finale just right before the show, he had a writer for the show.

Nearly all network shows that air at 10pm end at 10:58 for their 11pm news.

Will Forte's Dads name is Orville, as is Wills actual first name

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom