• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Catches from the CCRadio-2E

Hello to all. I wanted to start this topic to log the dxes I have made from this radio. I have a file on my computer but I figured some radio nerd like myself would get into this. So here we go.
First was music on 600 to about 640 am or so.
WSM without much trouble.
780 from Chicago
Then was WTNI 1640 am from golfport MS. They were playing a southern mis basketball game. I have not heard this one before until this radio. The other ones I have heard before.

Hello to all. This is definitely one of the most selective radios I have ever owned. I have never heard wbvm from Tampa but this radio has heard it. It has also gotten the original reach fm on 90.5 as well. I've heard stations on fm that I had no idea I could get here in Altamonte. Like I could not hear waoa on my cc pocket that often because 107.3 would always block it out. sometimes it would come on in that radio but it was mainly at night. I've also gotten 92.7 from stewart during the day. I also got a radio disney on 590. I'm guessing that is atlanta.

590 is Atlanta, WDWD. Many Radio Disney affiliates are being sold by the day now to religious and non-profit organizations, so get them while you can. WFDF (910 Detroit) and KMIC (1590 Houston) are now either off or religious now.

-crainbebo

Congrats on the radio and the catches. Interesting about WBBM. I'm in Florida where they've been underperforming. WGN and WLS both are stronger, although the latter gets clobbered by Cuba. As for WDWD, on my way down here, I spent a couple of days in Atlanta. and thought 590 was sounding much better than they had in a long time. Perhaps they've "spruced up" their transmitter in order to groom things for a potential sale.

Hello to all. New log for me tonight!!!!! It was WXST from South Carolina area. :) I love this freaking cc 2e radio. It's a beast for sure. This radio has reignited my love for dx for sure. I'm going to start to record my DX logs and I can post them on youtube if anyone is interested. I'm going to try to get audio of my radio getting WXST here in Altamonte Springs FL. It was not that clear but it was there.

Last edited:
Hello to all. I had jax booming in last night. I had 100.7, 96.9 and 95.1 booming in like locals. I had 99.9 as well. No 99.1. I did have 101.5 as well. To give you an idea how jax was booming in I got 96.9 on my shower radio.

Well guys, the past few nights have been fun. :) Last night, I had a lot of stations to my south blasting in and even during the day today. Today I had wjkd 99.7 blasting in like a local and same with last night. I had 98.3 from miami in as well. I had 97.9 from tampa blasting in as well. Same w/ 103.5 and 104.7. This was during the day today. It was really overcast today. Sorry for all the rambling on this post. I just wanted to get this written down on here before I forgot.

Austin: Anything of interest lately on AM with the 2E?

Last edited:
Nothing out of the ordinary on AM yet. I have not been dxing the am band much as of late but I should though. :) Given how awesome this radio is on AM.

Nothing out of the ordinary on AM yet. I have not been dxing the am band much as of late but I should though. :) Given how awesome this radio is on AM.

Now's probably a good time before those world-famous Florida summer thunderstorms get going in earnest!

Hello to all. I just got this sucker back in my possession. I'm in the process of moving to Brandon from Altamonte. It was in Altamonte for most of the summer. :(:(:( That really sucks. Hopefully I can get some summer dx in. Keep in mind, I'm in an apartment. I don't have any external antennas and don't plan to buy any.

Well guys, I'm going to have this awesome radio once again after foolishly selling it. LOL So really excited for it!!!! I have not DXed in a while. This is really one of the best radios out there.

I have personally avoided this radio because of all the issues people are having with it.

There is no doubt that when it works, its an outstanding radio, but when the LCD goes out and C. Crane refuses to fix or knowledge the issue as a manufacture defect, they are not getting a dime from me.

It so unfortunate that a radio like this, is plagued with one issue after another.

Well guys. I just paid like $29 for a CC 2e!!!!!!! :p I just stacked amazon gift cards until I had $140 or so. Man I'm so stoked!!!!!!!!! Now let's not be an idiot this time and sell the damn thing. LOL I miss this radio soooo much!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for Monday and Amazon to deliver it!!!!!!

Well guys. I just paid like $29 for a CC 2e!!!!!!! :p I just stacked amazon gift cards until I had $140 or so. Man I'm so stoked!!!!!!!!! Now let's not be an idiot this time and sell the damn thing. LOL I miss this radio soooo much!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for Monday and Amazon to deliver it!!!!!!

Enjoy it!!

Oh I'll be glued to it!!!!! Definitely going to pull all-nighters if the band is open next week. :) I miss dxing so much!!!!! I need to update my signature but for everyone keeping track at home, I have the 2 ccrane radios (EP and 2e), The 2 sangeans (HDR14 and SR35, the srf59 walkman, the jamison pocket radio and a pocket radio from Sangean as well. So I have myself a decent radio collection and maybe 2019 will add more!!!!! :)

Hello. Regarding the display, I'm blind but still. I have dealt with CCrane customer service and never had a problem. I'm going to make sure well and good the display works properly on my radio and if it ever goes out I'll contact CCrane first thing. Normally I would not care but this is a radio that is almost $200 so I want the thing to work perfectly.

There is no doubt those C crane radios are stellar performers, I just don't want to pay almost $200 for a radio that's got a rocky history with issues. I really wish you best of luck. I hope that radio brings you years of DX'ing without any issues.

If you ever come across one, I recommend you adding the Panasonic RF-2200 to your arsenal of fantastic radios.

There is no doubt those C crane radios are stellar performers, I just don't want to pay almost $200 for a radio that's got a rocky history with issues. I really wish you best of luck. I hope that radio brings you years of DX'ing without any issues.

If you ever come across one, I recommend you adding the Panasonic RF-2200 to your arsenal of fantastic radios.

The Panasonic RF2200 also has a lot of issues. I know it's boosted as a terrific radio, but nearly everyone who buys a used one nowadays has to have it fixed -- the weak spots are the bandswitches and other switches. During that period of radio technology having chained slide switches under molex connectors was the going thing. The problem is that the switches break down over time. My Sony ICF5900W won't tune shortwave because of it, and spraying the switches does no good. It's similar technology, produced during the same year.

A better choice would be one of the Sangean PRD models that have few breakable parts, smaller LCD readouts, and good performance. The PR-D4W has a pretty good rep, and it is modestly priced. -- between 60 and 89 dollars at various places. For 5 bucks more you can find PR-D5's online, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom