• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Casey Kasem AT 40 of the 80's

K

kenrayc

I'm looking for a station that I can stream that has the AT 40 of the 80s countdown, who does it ,in my market I only have the 70s version. what station and what time they air it?

Iowan said:
I don't know why Premiere Radio Networks doesn't air AT episodes from 1979 or 1989....

Don't know about 1979....but sometime around August or September 1988 you might remember that Casey started his own countdown called Casey's Top 40 while Shadoe Stevens hosted AT40.

I've read elsewhere that, in the late 70s, AT40 went from a 3-hour to a 4-hour format. For continuity, the late 70s 4-hour shows aren't included in the 70s package.

It was fall of 1978 when they went to a four-hour package. Seems to me that they could edit the four-hour shows from 1978-1979 (drop the commercials, anyone?) to fit a three-hour format, or they could just add 1979 to the '80s packages. Yeah, I know, lots of disco in there, but it was also the first year for a lot of major '80s acts, Benatar, Mellencamp, the Police just to name a few.

kenrayc said:
I'm looking for a station that I can stream that has the AT 40 of the 80s countdown, who does it ,in my market I only have the 70s version. what station and what time they air it?

This site gives a listing of stations that stream the show. You might need to set your time zone in the scroll down.

http://radio.nenad.net/?hz=-6.00&submitted=true&action=true&y=AT40CK80

WERZ also carries the show Saturday mornings 6-10 eastern:

http://www.werz.com/mediaplayer/?station=WERZ-FM&action=listenlive&channel_title=

firepoint525 said:
It was fall of 1978 when they went to a four-hour package. Seems to me that they could edit the four-hour shows from 1978-1979 (drop the commercials, anyone?) to fit a three-hour format, or they could just add 1979 to the '80s packages. Yeah, I know, lots of disco in there, but it was also the first year for a lot of major '80s acts, Benatar, Mellencamp, the Police just to name a few.

throwing 78 and 79 into the 80s would be a good idea, i've heard there is an option for affils to air edited versions of the 4 hour 70s shows.

CatCall said:
kenrayc said:

Get yourself a squeezebox WIFI and download it with Radio Time. It will show all the times AT TOP 40 will air and current showings on who's airing now and how much time left in the current broadcast.
This site gives a listing of stations that stream the show. You might need to set your time zone in the scroll down.

http://radio.nenad.net/?hz=-6.00&submitted=true&action=true&y=AT40CK80

WERZ also carries the show Saturday mornings 6-10 eastern:

http://www.werz.com/mediaplayer/?station=WERZ-FM&action=listenlive&channel_title=

I would not want to hear edited versions. Give me the whole thing. What's better, 4 hours of an interesting A.T. 40 broadcast, with songs at the bottom of the chart that you never hear anymore, or the station's automation system filling the time?

jaydog, you answered my ? b4 I even asked it. Thanx. How about Scott Shannon's old "Rockin' America Top 30 Countdown"? I wonder if anyone airs the old Rick Dees "American Music Magazine" also.
I think ir would also be cool for religious stations to air old episodes of Brother John Rivers' "Powerline" & "Master Control".

I hope I'm not to late,If interested check out these sources. Google

AT40 fun and games forum.

radiotime.com .type in Casey Kesams classic at40 this will give a list of stations that air and stream the show,

Wikipedia Casey Kasems classic at40 of the 80's also the 70's

and of course as mentioned Radio.nenad.net

all these will have info of Prerad's affiliates that carry the show and stream info.

What stations I use are WQSR Jackfm at40 the 80's WSVX at40 the 80's,KRUZ FM AT40 80's,KEGK at40 80's. most are clean streams.also local FM broadcast from WTIC FM they play the 3 hour flashback version {lopped of the first hour}.

Cool 101.3 Milford/Dover DE has Kasey at 7P.M. on Sunday nights. It is streamed as well.

I've heard that "American Top 40 - The '70s" does delve into the late 1978 and 1979 shows. To fit the 3 hour format, they simply lop off the first hour and start the countdown at #32 or so.

johnbasalla said:
I would not want to hear edited versions. Give me the whole thing. What's better, 4 hours of an interesting A.T. 40 broadcast, with songs at the bottom of the chart that you never hear anymore, or the station's automation system filling the time?
AMEN !!!

Lately Miley Cyrus fills in quite a bit on the new Ryan Seacrest AT40. Some who used to fill in for Casey were...
Charlie Van Dyke, "Mowin' the AT40 lawn for Casey this week".
Others?
I remember Martha Quinn filled in on the TV version, "America's Top 10" which I watched every late Sat. night around 1am.

It's not a shame that it does not reflect the Billboard chart. That's if your referring to the Billboard "Hot 100" Chart. Because it doesn't reflect radio or airplay. Back in the 70's - 80's yes.... But today only reflects what's selling. And you can have a Susan Boyle or Country star who has no airplay whatsoever on the CHR stations in what the AT40 countdown does not relate with.

johnbasalla said:
What is the current "A.T. 40" based on. It doesn't seem to be the Billboard chart, which is a shame.

The current Hot 100 isn't format restricted, so it isn't a good fit. I think the current AT40 chart is a modified Mediabase chart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom